Thursday, April 5, 2012

Smorgasboard

It's time for another random post, filled with fun things that I've been filling my world with.  Hang in there for the ride....it's personal preference, of course, but I've had some fun experiences lately I'd like to share!

1.  Thai food.  Specifically, Aja Noodle.  Is it authentic?  Probably not.  But soba noodles with tonkatsu sauce, chicken and veggies...garnished with fresh ginger.  Excuse me while I drool.


2.  Fresh Herbs.  Last year for Easter I got a basket....filled with fresh rosemary, chives, thyme, and basil.  Amazingly enough, I didn't kill it.  Nope.  Water, fertilizer, and, of course, plenty of supervision.

Don't touch those herbs.

3.  Shoes!  I dragged the hubster shopping so that we could get some spring stuff....I found a few pairs of capris, a bikini (okay a 10 pound goal bikini) and these guys...

No?  Well, these were my second options.

Neither ones were walk-in-able.  Is it sad that I liked pair #2 better? :-)

4.  New Girl.  I don't care if it's over blogged, I've mentioned it a zillion times before, or anything else.  This show is pee-in-your-pants funny.  I'm not sure how these people deliver their lines without completely losing it, but every week the show gets better and better.  If you haven't watched it yet, just do it.  You'll thank me later when you're singing..."Who's that girl...." (it's Jess!!)

5. Moneyball. I just read the book on my kindle, and now it's time to see the movie. Think they can replace Jonah Hill for me? I hate that kid. I suppose Brad Pitt will make up for it, though.....I heard he tore up the movie! Either way, the book was great. Even for someone that really doesn't like baseball. At all.
6.  Biographies.  Yes, my name is Rae and I am addicted to my kindle.  Awesome bio reads lately-Diane Keaton, Tina Fey, Ellen DeGeneres and Barack Obama.  Quite a group, no?

7.  Natural Peanut butter.  Yum.  I'm obsessed with the stuff anyways, but I just tried Peter Pan's version...well, after horking down half the jar, I reverted to a better way to have some portion control....peanut butter, I love you, but you are evil!



8.  Muse.  How have I not known about this group?  Awesome running, driving, kickboxing tunes. 

What's exciting in your world lately? 


No comments:

Post a Comment