Wednesday, April 11, 2012

From Anotha Motha

Welcome to this sleety, rainy Wednesday!  Brrr.  Ehh, could be worse, right?  I just keep telling myself...11 days....11 days....till Jamaica!  Can't freakin wait. I just keep telling myself every day....just hang in there, just hang in there....(deep breaths).

In other news, did you know today is National Siblings Day?  I'm an only child (biologically speaking), but have always wanted siblings. 
And, as luck would have it, I have the best "big brother" in the world that I've known since I was 12.  Bonuses-I didn't have to share a bathroom with him, he's always been there for me, gives the best hugs/back cracks, and is the best (though truly infuriating in a loving way) Euchre partner. 
Drawbacks-He lives 6 hours away.  Boo.  Lucky for me, I've gotten to see him 3 times in the past 6 months (score!) and we manage to stay in touch via technology.  Love ya bro.

But a girl really needs a sister, too, right?  Well, luckily enough, I married a man with a great older sister.  She threw me a sweet bridal shower before I even made it into the family, and has loaded me up with great advice based on her life experiences-including a big cache of baby supplies that is just chillin' in our spare room, waiting for the hubster and I to find our parent gene (someday!).
Along with an awesome sister, I got another brother, Jeff.  What can I say about Jeff?  Well, technically, out of all of my "siblings", he is the oldest....ha.  Yeah, I couldn't say that with a straight face.  Jeff is the quintessential "big kid"....rock climbing, skiing, mountain biking, dirt biking, basically anything that works up a sweat and is a challenge. 
And yep, you guessed it....Jeff gets credit for implanting the "Iron" seed into my brain.  You see, in 2005, he did Ironman Lake Placid-which put a bug in the hubster's head bout a triathlon....enter Sodus Point Sprint 3 weeks later....and now, 7 years down the road and two Ironman's later....thanks alot, Jeff :-)  No, really.  What's next?  Well, we both like running, and Jeff's got a little bucket list going...with the Leadville 100 on it.
I am so in. 
2013?  2014?  Whatcha think, Jeff? :-)
A big shout out to all my siblings.  You guys rock, and I am so lucky to have you in my life!

Do you have any biological siblings?  In laws?  "From anotha motha" siblings?  Take a few minutes today to give them a giant hug!  (real or virtual!)

No comments:

Post a Comment