Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Kid on the Block

We did it!  We bought a car!!It took 5 hours and a drive about an hour out of our way, but it was super well worth it.  2012 Chevy Equinox, all the bells and whistles, On Star, Sirus, and all the bells and whistles.....4k below sticker price, complete with oil changes.
Meet Vanessa:
Of course, before we could drive off with our new baby...there was alotta paperwork!
And car instruction (blue tooth syncing, On Star installation, fancy schmancy!)
And some REALLY big check and credit card forking over (too painful for a picture, lol)
Ready to rock on!

To celebrate our newfound car payment (joy!) Dad G.  took us out to lunch.  Yummmmm.....burgers!
Of course, he played it safe and had something healthy. I hear he's watching his figure.
What, got a hot date later?
Nahhhh...just kidding (about the salad....the sly devil!)  He got a big ole burger n fries, too!
Meanwhile, I tried to feed the hubster some pickles.
Do I look like I want a pickle? (Bwahahahaha)
All in all, a successful day! I'll just try hard not to think about that car payment :-P We made it home in one piece and parked Vanessa in the garage next to Mr. Tibbs...who will hopefully be sold in a week or two (anyone want to flip a car for cheap, email me!) So strange to know we won't be driving that car anymore.....11 years and 160,000 miles-the hubsters and my first date, our first tri, when we got engaged....Mr. Tibbs played a part in all of that. Bon voyage, ole friend!

Whew, what a day!  Wrapped up with a 30 mile tempo ride and a late dinner, now it's time for some netflix and visiting with Mama TFB :-)  Busy, happy, crazy day!
How's your weekend going?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!
    My significant other has suddenly started to talk about the possibility of a new car. I, of course, am in denial. We only have 105,000 miles on our car. Why have this conversation?!
    But, I think that we're going to have to be realistic within the next 2 years and go for it. In that case, I'd kind of like a car that can hold our two dogs and two bikes (that aren't racked but in the back of the car). We'll see about this!

    ReplyDelete