Monday, April 16, 2012

Him Training Week #5: Feelin' alive!!

Holla atcha!  What?  I need some new ways to say hello :-)  Welcome to Monday!  How's your day going?  Mine...could not be better.  Not because it's
Haha!
gorgeous here or the countdown to my vacation is....ohh.....5 days!! (thought hose things certainly help on a Monday!) but, MORE IMPORTANTLY, my bestest friend, Rachael, had her first baby this afternoon...a gorgeous baby girl!  (11:58 am, 6 pounds, 14oz of cuteness!)  Awaiting more details, but congrats to Rachael and Don for bringing a new ladybug into our world!

Now, onto lesser important things, but hey, I suppose thats all relative, right?  Right.  I wrapped up training week #5 yesterday, and damn, do I feel good.  Let's take a look!

Week #5:

Swim yardage: 4900(2 swims)
Bike Miles: 72 miles ( 2 rides)
Run miles: 28 ( 3 runs)
Strength: 2 full body workout, 3 stand alone abs.

Week Low: Hmmm....my swim, maybe?  Finding it hard to hold onto the speed  I had last year, but that's obviously due to the fact that I've been slackin' on speed work and swimming LSD.  Note to self-incorporate more speed work and lay off the drugs (kidding!  LSD= long slow distance if you didn't know)
Week High(s!): 10 mile run that felt great, 30 mile tempo ride (could have gone much further but ran out of time instead of energy!) and my tempo run where I nailed it hard core!

Clearly, I feel pretty good about this week!  I'm not in Ironman or PR shape, but I didn't want to dire during any of my workouts, and that's great to me.  This week will be a challenge-I have 5 days to fit in 7 days worth of workouts, so I'm expecting some early mornings and two a days.  From Saturday (21) to Saturday (28) it's a big rest week-odd to have two weekends (almost) but for Jamaica...I guess I'll suffer :-)  I'm fully planning on activity while I'm gone, but it's most definitely a rest week.

Speaking of which....I'll have a few blog posts up while I'm gone (pre written, of course!) but if anyone has a burning desire to throw out their wisdom (please, this blog could use some class!)  shoot me an email if you'd like to write a guest post-I would be honored to share your thoughts on my blog!

RPG
One last note....need a Monday LOLz?  Check this bad guy out!  If I ever look like that at the end of a race (well, in girl form)  or....even 1 mile in....I will kiss the ground. Sorry ladies, apparently he's taken!  I sort of hate you, ridiculously photogenic guy.  But you're also sort of adorable, too! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment