Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Tribe Has Spoken

http://www.nataliedee.com/
Well, aren't I just a little over eager beaver.  Thank you blog and facebook friends, fo talking me into some sense.  Sometimes I get just a bit ahead of myself and forget that 1.  Tapers exist to rebuild and rest, not to race. 2. An Ironman is a really big deal, and 3. My body doesn't just go POOF and fix itself in a day.  Major logic fail on my part, thank you for saving me from myself!!  

The consensus-NO HALF IRONMAN.  I started looking for an Olympic 3 weeks out, but I'm not as excited about it, so I might just stage my own Olympic tri 3 weeks out and call it a day.  at least I should come in first that way, right?  I amuse myself sometimes.

Well, after getting that shenanigan out of my system, I decided it was time to get back on the ole training horse and work for this b%tch race like I mean it!  Today's workout?  SPEED WORK!!
Wow, it's been a long time since I did dreadmill repeats!  Hit up the gym during lunch for a good ole 5x800 workout (I like to do these on the 'mill cause it makes you go at an even pace.  Of course, I picked the one day out of the whole summer where it is 75 degrees and misting to do my workout INDOORS.  damn.
This workout was...interesting.  Note that every time I have a workout on the plan that involves the treadmill, I have a snafu.  maybe it's my internal 6 year old screaming " I DON"T WANNA!".  I bet that's it. 
Snafu 1:  Forgot my sports bra.  No Problem, I'll wear my splish suit under my top (so stylish after repeat #2 cause I was wearing a white tank.  I typically enjoy throwing my own wet t shirt contests at the gym. 
Snafu 2:  Not charging my mp3 player.  I got 4 minutes of Ke$ha (no, I have no shame) before it dies and I got the next 40 minutes of either vacuum or Bob Marley.  Gag me. 
Snafu 3:  I managed to hit the 'mill during a deep clean of the gym and had to deal with vacuum drone and the fresh lemon pine CRAP scent of cleaner for 45 minutes.  And apparently, they were all out of cold water, so my refreshment between sets was stale warm water.  Not a fan.

What to do?  SUCK IT UP, BUTTERCUP.  Yeah, I nailed those repeats.
The Workout
1 mile warm up @ 8:57
5 x 800 @ 7:13 pace
1 mile cool down @ 8:57

Total:  5.1 miles, 43:39, 8:35 pace.

I'll take it.  Watch out Chesman, here comes this Ironchica :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment