Thursday, August 11, 2011

Budget Fashion

Confession - I nearly choked when I typed this title.  See, I have zero fashion sense.  Nada.  Zilch.  None.  It's not on my list of fun things to do...sadly, I only know how to buy three types of clothes:  bathing suits, bike shorts/jerseys, and running outfits.  Fail.
Regardless, the hubster still loves me even though I am tragic when it comes to wearing clothes, and as a result, I probably wear the same 8-10 outfits in any given month.  Good thing I know how to do laundry, right?
Moving along.  It's not that I don't like to shop.  It's moreso that A:  I don't have time (Ironman training will do that to ya) B:  I am a frugal girl who hates wasting money on non-essentials, and C:  Since I work in an office and have 4 skirts, 3 pairs of pants, and ample sweaters/button downs/short sleeved shirts, I figure no one notices if I wear the same outfit every Tuesday.  (Ok, they probably do.  But I don't think my boss would give me a raise just to go buy work clothes, sadly :-P).
So what's a girl to do?  Well, using my frugal grocery shopping mentality, I decided to go shopping for some summer clothes.  Yup, in August.  End of season sales, people!  I found a 15% off coupon online for Kohl's, and gladly accepted a 10 dollar gift card from Mama TFB that she got in the mail for her birthday.  Sweet!  Armed with these "coupons" I headed to Kohl's.  45 minutes later, I declared success:
Work top, 3 sports bras
Button down for the hubster, two dresses (I have tights to add for fall fashion)
Score.  The best part?  For a top, 3 bras (yes, yes,I KNOW, exercise clothes...what can ya do), 2 dresses and a button down = $34.00 .  SWEET!!  The cashier laughed at me when she rang it all up-total came to 50 bucks, then they took off the 10 dollar gift card, then the 15% for $34.00  At the bottom, it shows how much you saved if everything was "normal" priced:  196.00!!
Now that's a success in my book.  Love end of season sales-Woot woot! 
Now maybe I can look untragic somewhat presentable at work again.  At least from the neck down.  Anyone figure out how to re-style hair or makeup after a lunchtime swim in 5 minutes or less...let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment