Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spidey Sense

Well, hello to Spring, Rochester!  and thanks for playing!  Aside from a few showers yesterday morning, the forecast for the next week is sunny and 70s.  Sweet.  And a great week it is-I love the month of May :-)  My baby shower is coming up this Saturday, which should be a blast (ask Greg about it, he might feel differently!...yeah, I'm dragging him along!!) and aside from the dreaded 28 week Glucose test I have to go take, it's all good. 
Plus, we have a famous town this week.  Oh yeah, you heard me right.  This week, filming for "The Amazing Spiderman 2" is taking place about 500 yards from where I work.  I realize this is no big deal for peeps in NYC or LA, but for our little town, it's pretty sweet.  I keep peeking out to catch some action and have a gym route planned to maximize my chances of seeing Martin Sheen, Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield or Sally Field (though I doubt Aunt Mae would be part of the chase scenes!)....no luck so far, but it's only day one of filming, so the time is young.
Source
What's the movie about?  Well, I have no clue.  I watched all of the Spiderman series that came out about 10 years ago-love me some Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst.  I adored part 1, tolerated part 2, and got tired by part 3. 
So the fact that they made another damn movie out of what, Peter Parker looking into his past?  is just weird.  But typical Hollywood.  And then they made a sequel off of that???  Don't get me started on sequels...I've thought they were a rip off and pointless since I was a teenager (yeah yeah, off soapbox).  So....it's not the great American movie.  But apparently Rochester has some cool scenery that passes for NYC (yep, still don't get that one) so that's why the filming is here.  All I know is...we're famous for a few weeks.  And I've got my star-glasses on.  And...well....I'll probably go see the silly movie.  I'm a sucker.
And that's all.  Just cool stuff to broadcast.
Have you ever had a movie shot in your hometown?  Ever run into a star?  Greg and I saw one of the cast members from Heroes back in it's hey day going through Central Park, but that's about it for me.  Still, I'll take any brush with celebresizing I can get....you couldn't pay me enough to be in the media, but rubbing elbows is totally acceptable!

No comments:

Post a Comment