Thursday, May 2, 2013

Week 28: I drank the koolaid.


And...it's time for another weekly round up of poppin mama and baby g (formerly known as Prince....um....non preggo Rae...)

Your Pregnancy: Week 27

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Ruh roh.  No chicken and cabbage for Mom this week!!

Momma: Week 28

Body: Up 15 pounds- Lil bit at a time.  I've never had so many people tell me how tiny I am....guys, I may look tiny, but I certainly feel this giant bowling ball full o baby on my tummy-someone get a crane to help me up, stat!

Cravings: Mmmmmm quesadillas.  Two corn tortillas with some melty cheddar cheese= delicious.  I think I eat one almost every single night.  Nom nom nom.

Aversions – Ugh,  can't do oatmeal again.  Seriously, this kiddo is SOL if they think Momma won't be feeding them Quaker at some point.  EAT YOUR FIBER, KID.  It's good for you!  So we've been having other breakfasts...like cheese sandwiches and apples.  High quality stuff.  LOL

Sleep: Can't get enough.  Seriously.  Kiddo is sucking the life out of me.  If I shut my door at work, they won't know I'm sleeping, right?  Kidding, kidding.  Pam, shut the door!!!

Orange Triamenic.  Yuck.
Fears:Not really a fear, but one realized.  The damn glucose test.  It sucked, the drink is awful, and if I don't pass, I doubt I will make it through a 3 hour test.  C'mon body, work with me here!  No genetics at play, I hope....I hope....I hope....

Best Baby Moment: It just keeps getting better and better every day, I tell ya.  Greg and I are so super stoked, and now that the baby is developing his or her own little personality and play/kick time, we just have a ball with it.  Plus, I've never seen my husband look at me quite this way.  It's hard to put my finger on it, but I feel like there's just so much love bursting in our little family.  It's awesome.

Items Bought/Received: got a sweet bumbo seat and a turtle activity mat from my friend Jen, and a sweet Mum and Dad = me outfit from my cousin Jen.  It's been a Jen week!

IRON BABY: Week 27!

Swimming: 5 miles
Biking: 75 miles
Running: 6 miles
Total: 86 miles

Iron Baby’s Travels to date….873.8 miles- That's the distance between Rochester NY and Myrtle Beach, SC.  Baby spring break!

Up this weekend-the big family shower!  Super excited and super nervous to be the center of attention....maybe everyone can wear a fake belly?  C'mon!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment