Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Week 32: Breathing is just Optional

Week 32 time....we keep roarin' along here!!

 Your Pregnancy: Week 32

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. 

Love how exotic we are getting with fruits here.  No, it's not an Applee or a zucchini, folks, its a JICAMA!  LOL.  Good think I'm not that huge of a fan!

Momma: Week 32

Body: Up 19 pounds. Pretty sure baby went through a decent growth spurt this week....my tummy's grown another inch, and is itchy as all heck (heartily endorsing cocoa butter here folks....hubster rubs it on my tummy every night.  Yeah, he's a keeper!)
Cravings: Popsicles.  Of course, that could be the fact that its humid as all you know what out and is supposed to be near 90 for the next few days. Mmmm....raspberry Popsicles!!
Aversions:Back on a non oats kick.  I seem to do well with them for a few days or so, then give up.  I kinda wish work had a kitchen with a range so I could have me some dippy eggs (sunny side up) every day.  Somehow, I don't think corporates springing for that one.  Damn.  English muffins and cheese it is!
Sleep: Horrible, horrible, horrible.  I cannot get comfortable at night to save my life.  I've tried pillow configurations up the wazoo, as well as different positions (twss?) and couch versus bed.  Ahh well.  When I get tired enough, I'll pass out.  Hopefully not at my 2pm meeting.  That would be awkward.
Fears:Honestly, not much this week.  Not that we'll ever be ready, but we finally declared the nursery proficient with "stuff" this week.  I'll keep garage sale-ing for misc. clothing, but as far as baby stuff, I think we got this!  We still need to do the putting together, installing, and packing up a few hand me downs, but it's overall a good feeling! One small minor fear....will I ever be able to breath again?  Kiddo dropped just a bit, but seems to have settled the feet right where I tend to like to breathe.  I guess mommy breathing is just optional at this point.  I tried jumping up and down.....didn't work :-P.
Best Baby Moment: Yeah, I'll be materialistic.  Finding our crib bedding set for 95% off really made my week.  And it's so pretty!  I just go into the baby's room and smile at least once a day.  Lil bit likes it too....I get lots of "Hey mom"s! when Greg and I hang out in the room.  This kids either gonna love turtles or hate 'em. 
Items Bought/Received: Our crib bedding, a bouncer, and play mat through craigslist...all for $17!
  Plus we got an awesome baby shower in a box from my Aunt and cousin in California with a diaper bag, clothes, a homemade blanket, changing accessories, a singing frog, and target (diaper) gift card.  So spoiled!!

IRON BABY: Week 31
Swimming: 5.5 miles
Biking: 80 miles
Running: 3 miles

Total: 88.5 miles

Iron Baby’s Travels to date (week 19 on)….1244.3 miles- That's the distance between Rochester,NY and Orlando, Fl.  Baby's first trip to Disney to see the mouse!

Week 33....time for hospital visits, putting together baby stuff and packing the hospital bag....and maybe a few garage sales thrown in.  That is, if this kiddo gets off my lungs.  Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment