Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 31: Only single digits left...

Wowza.  What a week, what a week!  I can't believe how quickly time is passing (I know I say that all the time).  My due date is in less than 2 months....less than 2 months....YIKES!  Time to get all this stuff together before I'm a waddlin' beast!  But let's talk about the star of the show, shall we?

Week 31

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

Mover and shaker?  Check!  Sometimes I just sit and stare at my belly as the acrobatics take place within....trying not to laugh!  So much fun....well, okay, less so at 2a.m., but for the most part, I've got a solid kiddo that likes to play games from 7pm-11pm.  And now in the morning when I'm trying to type up reports.  Go kiddo, go!  And now for momma...

Momma: Week 31
Body: Up 17.5 pounds.  It's amazing to think that I'm almost up 20 pounds (right now I'm 25 pounds about racing weight, 17.5 since conception).  Sometimes I feel like me.....just with a 20 pound bowling ball on my tummy.  And sometimes...I feel like a beached whale.  Meh.  It balances it out.  And just to show comfort with belly bump, here's the gratis swimsuit shot of the pregnancy.  I think it gives a pretty good belly estimate :-)
Cravings: Cheese, cheese, cheese.  I think this kiddo will be born a Packer's fan (aka cheese head).  Cheddar, swiss, mozzarella...bring it on! I also had Chinese food a few times this week...one healthy (chix and veggies with brown rice) one...not (post race buffet).  Hey, it evens out!
Aversions: Still not a fan of peanut butter.  Sometimes I really miss that pb toast of spoonful o pb straight from the jar but hey, we get out fats other places nowadays.
Sleep: Not so good this week.  I have to pee quite a bit, and the races, work travel etc have been hard on me for getting in my 7-8 hours.  I also have been having some slight leakage (TMI?) but I guess that's normal in 3rd trimester.  Colostrum is weird.  But hopefully that means I will have a good supply in a few weeks for bebe :-)
Fears: Do we have everything?  What ar we missing?  What if the baby detergent I bought doesn't work?  How much bigger can my belly really get?  How am I going to make it through the heat?  Stuff like that.  Nothing keeping me up at night, just general thoughts.  I've taken out a few library books on birth and baby's first year, as well as prenatal yoga.  Hopefully that will chill me the hell out.
Best Baby Moment: I think baby is now officially responsive to light and touch-we have such fun playing games at night and doin' the baby dance!  I can't WAIT to meet this little one...I feel like I've known him/her forever, but at the same time, I can't wait to see our beautiful kiddo face to face!
Items Bought/Received: Bought a jogging stroller this week-we got a sweet deal on a $200 stroller down to $105 on kohls.com with some stackable coupons.  Can't use it for another 5 months, but you can bet we'll be off and about racing with the lil guy!  Speaking of which, let's see how far we've come so far.....

IRON BABY: Week 30
Swimming: 6 miles
Biking: 75 miles
Running: 10 miles

Total: 91 miles

Iron Baby’s Travels to date (week 19 on)….1155.8 miles-  That's the distance between Rochester,NY and Topeka, Kansas.  That's right Dorothy.

Up next for week 32....hmmm, not much noteworthy on the calendar.  Maybe another race, finishing up baby's room, and some hospital prep papers.  If I stay awake, that is :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment