Friday, April 5, 2013

Week 24: Belly Movin'

Another week, another growing baby post :-)

Your Pregnancy: Week 24


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

We now have taste buds....better watch out what I feed this kid, right?  Never to early to grow the pizza taste bud, I hope! :-P

Momma's Stats-Week 24

My Body: Up 11 pounds-my belly is expanding at a monumental rate.  Somehow, I can still button my pants.  I don't know how.  It's a mystery.  But I'm not complaining. 
Cravings: Still on the chicken and cabbage kick.  Not much else.  It's been a stressful week in my world, which is affecting my body for sure.  I have my eye on Sunday-a day of rest.  Ahhh. :-)
Aversions: Still not too sure about peanut butter, and I'm not really a fan of sugar.  Same story of the pregnancy, rinse, recycle, repeat.  I'm not too worried about it-just not one of those women who can have their cake and eat it too while pregnant.  And that's not entirely a bad thing now, is it?
Sleep: Can't get enough.  Really can't.  I'm dead in the water by 8pm, without a doubt.  But I seem to be sleeping pretty well, aside from a screwy incident on Monday night that scared the crap out of us.  I woke up and felt horrible, but was super thirsty, so I went downstairs to get water.  Well, somewhere between the fridge and bathroom, I fainted....yikes!  Greg rescued me, and I'm fine save for a bruise on my elbow.  My doc told me my blood pressure is low...and prescribed more salt and smaller, more frequent meals.  I typically have BP on the lower end, so that makes sense to me....and if my doc tells me to eat more fries, I'll eat more fries!!
Best Baby Moment: My awesome co-workers threw me a baby shower on Tuesday, AND one of my old besties surprised me with an awesome baby car seat!  I've felt so loved this week....both me and baby g :-)
Baby Items Bought/Received: Tons of shower love, along with a dresser for baby g's room from my mother.  Slowly but surely, we are accumulating a nice stockpile!
Iron baby!: In utero travels for week 23...
Swimming: 3 miles
Biking: 85 miles
Running: 7 miles
Total =95 miles

Cumulative Total (week 19 on) = 497.8 miles...that's about the distance from Rochester to Grand Rapids, Michigan, where my cousins grew up (almost to Lake Michigan)....hey guys!!


And that about wraps up week 24.....watch out for week 25....pretty sure I've been going through my big pop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment