Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 27: Tae Bo practicum

Here we go, onto trimester 3!  I can't believe how fast this is going...and at the same time, I feel like I've been pregnant damn near forever.  Make sense of that one, why don't ya.  Or....not.  Let's just talk about baby cuteness some more, shall we?

Your Pregnancy:  Week 27

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Momma: Week 27

Body: Up 13.5 pounds-I expected a bit more, as the baby seems to expanded my tummy quite a bit this week, but apparently we are at a bit of a lull.  I'm sure this will pick up-with my new maternity clothes, I've had tons of people comment on my belly, as the clothes showcase the baby.  So cool.  Yep, I promise I am pregnant-I didn't lie.  Evidence finally!!  With that being said, even though I'm not uber big yet, I'm definitely feeling it when I try to get up off the couch....there may be some high class grunting sounds coming from Momma to Be lately. 
Cravings: None.  None at all.  I've been having a few tummy problems this week with lil guy...it seems as if the in utero acrobatics really aren't working well with my digestive system.  If I eat too much, or certain things, I feel awful and listless or layed out on the couch for hours.  It sucks.  But growing pains happen, and I'm super glad my kiddo is as active as s/he is-that's gotta be a good sign!!

Aversions – Not really anything in specific, but just a general lack of "plant me in the nearest cheese pizza please" type of feeling.  Tell me, who enjoyed shoveling food in their mouths while preggo?  I'm admittedly a bit jealous!!

Sleep: Meh, just meh this week.  Getting a decent amount of night kicks.  Good for baby, pooey for Mama.  Naps, when I can get them, are simply divine.

Fears: Do I really have to stay pregnant for the next 13 weeks?  Really?  This belly isn't removable?  DAMMIT!
Best Baby Moment: Lil Pele (yeah, that's a new nickname) was kicking up a storm after dinner the other night, and you could see the little kicks on the right side of my tummy.  I showed my belly to Greg and lifted my top a bit so he could see the movement, and he began blowing raspberries on my tummy to say hey to Baby G.  Whenever her would blow a raspberry, 2 seconds later, a foot would kick out as if to say "Hey Dad!" and Greg tickled it and then blew another raspberry.  This game went on for a good 5 minutes, and was absolutely precious to watch.  Super Dad in training!!
Items Bought/Received: Hiatus this week-more focus on organizing!  I got a few cases of wipes on clearance, but other than that, we're organizing and wiping down our furniture and trying to figure out what we still need. 

IRON BABY: Week 26!

Swimming: 4 miles
Biking: 80 miles
Running: 8 miles
Total: 92 miles

Iron Baby’s Travels to date….787.8 miles- That's the distance between Rochester NY and Nashville Tenessee....baby gettin' their country on, yeeee haaww!
Fuzzy kid :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment