Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 26: Time for some Ultra

Well, here we are-week 26. And unlike my favorite running distance, there’s more than .2 weeks left until Baby G finishes the race. Bummer. Well, on one hand…on the other hand….bake baby, bake! It’s been an eventful week so far…for the first time, I actually feel that I look pregnant! Wooohooo!! Someday, people on the streets will realize it too….instead of that “ate too much pasta” look I’m still sporting . But let’s talk about the star of the show, shall we?
Your Baby: Week 26
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

2 pounds? 2 pounds?? Woah! Also of note, no cucumbers on my subs this week. Call me nuts, but it makes me squidgy to nosh on something that was just classified as my baby. I know, I know…
So whats up with me? Here we go!

Momma: Week 26

Body: Up 13 pounds this week. If we stay at this nice steady pace, I think it will be a perfect baby weight
gain. Yay! Of course, we take it week by week. Nothing nuts here, easting an extra snack or two a day, plenty of healthy fare and some treats, too!
Cravings: Totally been craving pickles this week. Not ice cream. And not together. Blech. This one bit me a bit, as I put extra pickles on all my sammies, including tuna….which Baby G firmly rejects right now. Lame-O, baby. Lame-o. Oh wells….maybe next week!
Aversions – See above. Hoping this one doesn’t stick around-I’m enjoying my Omega-3 fix a few times a week, but we can always figure out another way to get ‘em. The things I do for this kiddo….(and loving every minute of it!)
Sleep: Starting to do the ole heave ho to turn over in bed nowadays. I get upstairs, get into bed, try to get comfy, and am out of breath with effort. Yep, that’s your Ironman athlete, folks. (rolls eyes). Once I get there, though, I’m good….pillow under my knees, left side sleeper, boo ya. Until I have to pee. Repeat steps 1-3….
Fears: Took out my first Bradley Book this week. Do I really want to give birth? What did I get myself into? Just teasing (90% !). After all, women have been doing this for eons. It’s a real fear though, and I know I’m not alone!
Best Baby Moment: Greg say my tummy move! Little Karate kid is rockin and rollin and is SO STRONG that now I get to see the movement, too! So exciting. I can’t believe how every tiny little thing just makes me smile like a goofball, but it’s true. I just can’t wait to meet the little one!!
Items Bought/Received: I got a few new clothes from a co-worker (this baby will be rollin in the threads-so awesome!) and Greg and I picked up my old dresser from my Moms. With a new stain coat, it will fit perfectly into the nursery. Checking off those items one by one!

IRON BABY: Week 26!
Swimming: 5 miles (felt sooo good this week!)
Biking: 82 miles….starting to struggle with my set up- I think I need more spacers to accommodate for my tummy!
Running: 6 miles
Slacking off on running a bit….trying to get used to my extra baggage and weight distribution. It’s a slow go, but like most things, worth the effort you put into it. I spoke with my doc, who told me that working out right now is the best thing I can do for Little G, as it helps with sleep patterns (the movement rocks him/her). Hey, as if I needed someone to tell me to work out…it’s awesome to have the support, though!

Iron Baby’s Travels to date….695.8 miles-that's the distance between Rochester. NY and Charlotte, NC, where my BFF hails-Hi Rach!!

And so we have another eventful week. OH! I also forgot…in case you missed my “Pants Dance” post….guess who’s rockin the maternity pants? ME! I suppose the 6 month mark is good enough to finally pull out those comfy pants….SO SO COMFY. I’m fully in expectant Mama mode….14 weeks to go!  woohooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment