Sunday, April 14, 2013

Redefining Moments

Hey there and happy weekend to you all!  It's been an up down weekend in my world-the perfect mix of busy, getting it done, and quiet.  Just the way I like it (countdown to 13 (or so) more weekends where we decide how they go!! Ha!)
Yesterday was all about business.  We ran some errands, including some birthday shopping for my little "niece" who turns one on Tuesday, some baby shopping, a dresser pickup for the nursery (yay!-Just needs a little cleaning, but the price was right!), and some grocery shopping.
And just to show you that I haven't lost my deal edge....here's the loot: (coupon and deal shopping only, of course).  Store of Choice-Tops.  Always.
We have- 6 navel oranges, 4 Gala apples, 5 boxes of cereal, one Healthy Choice Dinner, two boxes of pasta, crackers, chips, 2 boxes of light popcorn-bowl pop ups, 4 cans of soup, cooking wine, and 4 organic yogurts.
Original price:  $65
Out of pocket: $16.53, with tax.  Plus 116 gas points = $1.50 off in gas.
Sweet.  I'm still learning the fine art of diaper deals (seriously overwhelming) bu if I can coupon and bargain shop the way I know best on groceries and toiletries, I think we'll make it through just fine :-)
After a zillion hours of running around, I came home and rode my bike - 20 miles on the trainer...which....is getting to be a bit harder these days :-)  I'm officially 6 months in this weekend-and I've given up aero for good (belly is in the way) and starting to shift my position quite a bit on the bike to find a not belly in the way spot.  All for good reasons, of course, we're just adjusting!
Today was housecleaning, laundry, baby clothes sorting, and run day!  I've signed up for a 5k next weekend (my quest to run each month with baby g!) and a duathlon next month with my father in law, so I just want to make sure that I can still run around with this belly cargo each week-I take nothing for granted.  4 nice easy miles with my heart rate at 130 in 37:55.  Sweet.
I might be slowing down a bit, but I'm still unstoppable!  (my new motto!).  It's so wonderful to be able to still run at 26 weeks, but sometimes I see people talking about racing and tri's and blitzing by my huffing behind (yeah, I breath a bit heavier-blame my rib crushing bebe!)...I remember the days of ticking off miles at a sub 8 pace and feel... out of shape.  And lumpy.  And not inspired.  But then I remember how very lucky I am to be able to put on my shoes and enjoy the beautiful thing that is my life....and the new life creating inside of me...and I smile.  And know that even before our baby is born, s/he and I are creating a wonderful mommy and baby bonding time through running.  When I'm not getting kicked, that is :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment