Friday, May 4, 2012

Cinco this!

Well, well, well...made it to Friday.  Even though the week flew by, there's something about a post vacation week that's always gonna be stressful-no complaints at all, just a note :-)
What's on tap for your weekend?  The huz and I have a decent amount of springy home chores to do, a football game to attend, and some nice hammock relax a maxin (I hope, depending on weather!)  I'm also crossing fingers hard core that I can get a run in...I pickled my foot last night in vinegar (thanks Grandma Dorothy!) and it feels a bit better today, so we'll see.  I know in my heart I can run a half marathon even if I take another week off, but aside from some reassurance, I adore my long runs and haven't done one in over two weeks....might sound lame, but that's withdrawal in my book. 
Let's not forget tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo....I did all my crazy drinking in Jamaica, but I might get wild and make my version of Mexican food....ya know, with some random salsa, corn, and whatever else sounds Mexican-ny.  I amaze myself with my low standards sometimes :-P 
Seems fitting to do a five things Friday to honor the "holiday" this weekend, so here goes.....
5 things I'm loving this week
1.  My own bed.  Sounds simple, and it is.  You never realize how much you love the little things at home until you leave for a week.  My bed is so soft and comfy....it's just too bad it comes with an alarm clock.  Also, in this category....my lil fur child.  This girl has not let me out of her sight all week and has pretty much let the huz and I know that we can never go one vacation again.  I promise, Roo (fingers crossed behind back).
2.  The sight of Lilacs- It means that spring really is here.  Note that I said the sight, not the smell.  I actually can't stand the smell of 'em, but they are pretty to look at, and quintessential Rochester.  I keep asking the hubs to de-scent our Lilac bush in our backyard...so far, no dice.
3. Mother Nature- Think I'm joking?  not in the least.  The Caribbean sun was nice for sure, but this week in Rochester has been pretty awesome.  Spread of temps between 50 and 80, sun, cool cloud patterns, and an epic Thunderstorm last night.  Who needs the same weather everyday?  How boring.
4. My bike workouts-since I've been forced to take a running hiatus (damn sea urchin) I've been working on bike speed and hills.  Yowza.  The latter is humbling, but I know it will help my season immensely. 
5. Spring Cleaning-Don't call bull$hit on me....I'm not joking.  But I'm talking about more than clean windows and dusting off the patio furniture (though both those are on the agenda for this weekend!).  Spring cleaning....old clothes.  Old emails.  Unsubscribing from "junk"-whether it be email alerts or toxic facebook people.  Downgrading my contacts on my cell phone.  I'm not saying that anyone I cut out was "bad", just not the healthiest for me right now.  And I feel lighter and happier not being tied to things/relationships that don't work for me in my life right now.  Does that make me a bad person?  I hope not!
What a strange list :-)
What are you loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment