Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Last Supper

Well, the good news is, I'm on vacation until January 2.  And Christmas is 5 days away!
The bad news?  It doesn't matter much.
Why not?
Well, didn't you hear?  The world is ending tomorrow! Unless you live....well, you'd even know this if you lived under a rock...according to the Mayan calendar, the world is ending tomorrow.  Now does tomorrow mean at 12:01a.m?  Or 11:59 p.m?  I'm not certain.  But hey, if there's less than 27 hours left for humanity, it's time for some serious action.
Maybe you want to empty your bank account?  Eat your weight in chocolate?  Tell the biggest pain in the a$$ in your lief to f&^%ck off?  All possibilities.
But even though we all know (well, okay, are 99.9% sure) that the Mayans are full of horse hockey, it doesn't hurt to think about what you would do if you had one day left.  Or 3 hours.  Or somewhere in the middle.
What would you do?  See?  Hug?  Experience?  Eat? 
Interesting questions.
I don't know for sure, but because on can never tell for sure when its the day before D day....I did a few of those things.
I went for a long swim. 
I did some yoga.
I hugged and smooched my honey.
I talked to my best friend. (well, one of them!)
I snuggled with my cat.
I called some family members.
I took a nice long soak with Dr. Teal (oh BEHAVE)
I ate Chinese food (terriyaki chicken and edamame....yum yum yum)
I watched the Grinch.
I painted my toes Christmassy red.

And now I'm going to have some ice cream.  And read a real live book (cause the kindle is great....but books are better) while toasting in front of the fire.

It's all simple.  But much appreciated.  And that's what life is-all about the small, important stuff.  So hug someone today.  Call a friend you haven't talked to in awhile.  Because it's almost Christmas.  And it's a wonderful time of year.  And who the hell knows how intelligent those Mayans really were.  Why take a chance? :-)  So what are you doing tonight? hat would you do if you KNEW it was your last day on earth?

(Tongue in cheek, people.  I know the world will not end tomorrow-but sometimes we live as if we have forever.  And we don't)

See you tomorrow....maybe :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment