Friday, December 7, 2012

Rockin' Around (the Christmas Tree)

Whew, what a week!  I've never been gladder to see Friday in my life-not because of anything exciting for the next 48 hours, but for sleep!!  It's been another slightly crazy one round our parts....moving our offices at work (long days with no breaks), a car accident (we're fine, just more phone calls and crap to get the car fixed-someone hit us on the freeway....yeah, in the brand new car!  Lame), and a few later than normal evenings....and I'm spent.  Seriously, how did I ever function in my early twenties with 3 jobs?  Stick a fork in me.  I'm done.  Must be getting old :-P
Not that I'm complaining about those late nights....especially on Wednesday.  As I said in my last post, "Santa" Uncle Alan bought us a sweet Christmas gift this year-tickets to see the Transsiberian Orchestra!  We've never been, it was supposed to be awesome, and experiences are hands down better than "stuff", so we were pretty darn excited to check it out.
And it did not disappoint.
The show was broken up into two different parts-part 1 was "The Lost Christmas"-a Christmas story narrated by a very talented speaker/singer, punctuated with music from the orchestra and dancing.  The story was pretty neat, the singers talented, but the TSO....was...PHENOMENAL.  Lights, energy, loud, amazing music....it was transformative.  I would give the first half of the show a solid 9/10.

After about an hour and a half, the Christmas story concluded, and they broke for about 10 minutes to make introductions and talk about their show.  Then....the music REALLY started.
Smoke.  Fire.  Guitar and VIOLIN riffs.  Lights. Energy.

 Amazing.  For the next hour, I sat in awe as I watched them perform-this was the best show ever!  I don't know how 3 guitars, a violin, and drums (okay, and a backup group) can possibly make so much noise....but amazing, beautiful and catchy noise (yeah, yeah, music!)
 The visuals were entrancing, the sound phenomenal, the crowd wild.  And I didn't want it to end.  But as TSO wrapped up with their signature number, I realized why people are willing to spend 3 hours on a Wednesday night and drag their tired butts to work the next morning.  It is THAT awesome. 

So thank you, Uncle Santa, for the best Christmas gift!  We had an amazing time!
Have you ever seen TSO?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment