Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mister Grinch

You're a mean one....MISTER GRINCH!  Well, I could go on and on, but I won't bore you to death :-) -(Incidentally and ridiculously, I know all the words to that damn kids movie.  I'm a live wire, I know!

So how's your week going?  It's been a good one here-yesterday we had our company Christmas party!  It's not a snazzy doing (what do you expect from a non profit with 500 people) but it works-every year, we do a full buffet breakfast at the Hyatt and have a company recognition meeting-it's a nice little 2 hour to do-some time to see familiar faces, catch up, and hear what the agency has on tap for 2013.
Since we're non profit, there aren't really such a thing as "Christmas Bonuses", but we did have a holiday spirit contest!
Enter my spirit(less?) getup:
Hey, I never said I was serious at work, just serious about what I do there :-)
PJ pants and slippers for a meeting?  I can do that!
Needless to say, I felt like an idiot, but won a  gift card, so hey, I'll take it.  Who says you have to be a grown up at Christmas?  (Or ever?)  Oh yeah, and the outfit may or may not have included me dancing onstage in front of the entire agency singing part of the Grinch song....
No shame, so not sorry.
Moving on.
Humming along in the shopping department....I finished up most of my shopping (just stocking stuffers left!) so I settled in to do a little wrapping last night!  The presents are all settled under the tree, just waiting to be unwrapped!  So festive.  If there's anything that is prettier than a package of brightly wrapped gifts under a decorated tree, I don't know about it :-)  (Well, you know what I mean!)
How is your shopping going?  Almost there?

And in completely non holiday related news, I got an awesome email to kick start my day.  Turns out I qualified for Nationals next Summer for Olympic Triathlon by winning my age group in a race this year!  Sweet!  Nationals is in Wisconsin on August 10th-not sure if I'm doing it yet, but it's cool to qualify :-)

And with that, I'm out for the night.  How was your day?  And your holiday prep?  Tomorrow = cookie making!!


No comments:

Post a Comment