Thursday, February 28, 2013

Week 19-The state of Expansion

Woah, what a week! 

Your Pregnancy: Week 19

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.


My Body: Whew, growth spurt!  This week we are up 6.5 pounds!  Phew.  It's been kind of strange, seeing my belly go through a "pop" but it's good to see that the baby is doing some much needed growing!  Must be that miracle gro I ate last week.....kidding, kidding.

Cravings: I'm pretty embarrassed to admit it, but this week I am in love with the terrible sodium ridden Salisbury steak lean cuisines.  They freakin hit the spot. I've tried to watch my sodium for the rest of the day, but I've eaten 3 this week!  Greg saw me eating one last night and goes...."Seriously, WHO ARE YOU? You would never touch that stuff before!"  Welcome to pregnancy, babe.  It'll get worse before it gets better!

Aversions: Sausage.  I used to love chicken and turkey sausage, now I can't even stand the smell of it.  I bought a ton of zweigles chicken sausage this fall and froze it because it was such a good deal...well, at least Greg likes it...and I hold my nose while cooking.  heh.

Sleep:Sleeping pretty well this week, aside from a massive amount of mid night potty breaks.  And the vivid dreams are back, full force!  I've told Greg about some of the more bizarre ones, and he just laughs at me.  Oddly enough, most of them contain old boyfriends and high school friends, although not always in the roles I would imagine!  Weird.

Baby Items Bought/Received: Got an awesome baby hiker from my sister and fam (can't wait to test that baby on the trails!) and a few more maternity pieces a la Grandma P.  I think we nailed down our "needs list".  So I can finish that registry-I know you're all dying to buy baby g presents!  (Well, I am at least, but I know I'm biased :-P)  kidding guys, kidding!  Honestly, whatever we don't get for gifts, this garage sale maven will find.  Me and craigslist are already BFFs! 


Best Baby Moment: I was giving a presentation for work at a county DSS, and my boss and a few service providers were there.  I hadn't seen my boss in a few weeks, and he didn't notice any difference....until he saw my side! So here I am giving a presentation and I hear..."awww...lok!" and see both my boss and the service provider pointing at my belly and smiling.  Awww.  Call me silly, but it made me smile!!

Next week is the big 2-0 and a new ultrasound/baby pic!  Can't wait to see how my peanut has grown in the last two weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment