Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Week 18- Bump and Grind

Week 18 already.  My, how time flies.  I would say that we are almost to the halfway point....but like most awesome things, halfway in time does NOT equal halfway through the experience!  (Yeah, I said it.  I know, I know).  But, alas, let's talk about the star of the show...Baby G!

Your Pregnancy:  Week 18

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.


Wow.  Amazing to think that our little girl or little boy is all fully formed...and we will still be in the dark about those developments for 20-22 more weeks!  Amazing.  We're still 100% on board with our staying in the dark about the sex, but it's just amazing to think that there's this big surprise developing right in my tummy!  Speaking of that tummy....

My Body: Up 4 pounds!  I feel like some of it is water weight, because my eats haven't been too wild, but it does seem as if my body is really really changing this week.  I think I've hit my first "growth spurt" with Baby G-my waist is up 6 inches since pre-baby, and my tummy pooch is pretty prominent.  Still in normal clothes, but I think my days with my "regular" pants are limited...

Cravings: This week's new craving is...french fries!  Salty, yummy goodness.  I realize that if I actually indulged in those cravings every day (oh yeah, seriously) that I would be doing my body and the baby a big disservice, so I've been seeking out alternatives-the best one so far is to take a russet potato, cut in half, make fry shapes, dust with olive oil spray, salt, pepper, and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or so.  They turn nice and brown and taste just like a steak fry.  Delish.

Aversions: Can't deal with yogurt.  Of any kind.  Again.  This is getting so old.  Eat your dairy, little g!  (She/he like cheese just fine, though.  Little spoiled turd.  lol)

Sleep:Not doing so great this week.  This is the week that I have to stop activity flat on my back (oh people, et those minds out of the gutter), so I've been turning on my side, and my tummy just isn't happy.  I think the lil one must have gone through a growth spurt, because she/he is really "filling me up" for lack of a better word!  I feel full all the time, and just kind of meh.  Not really part of my own body.  Sleep doesn't come well because I just am not comfortable.  But what can you do.  Grin and beat it, let the weird sleep start!!

Baby Items Bought/Received: Nothing bought this week, but I got a sweet present from Dad G.-a glider for the baby's room!  The colors fit perfectly with the nursery scheme, and it is super comfortable.  So excited :-)

Best Baby Moment: Baby's room is painted!  I've spent the last few weeks cleaning the room out and getting everything together, and on Saturday Greg and I picked out a lovely pistachio paint color for the room at Home Depot, which they mixed for us.  On Sunday, he painted the room and put together the crib-it's starting to take shape!  When I saw the finished walls and crib, I lost it for a second-this gets more and more real by the day, and I just can't wait to welcome our little peanut!  So excited!!

Stay tuned for next week.....will the regular pants still fit or will it be maternity fashion week?  Oh the suspense....


1 comment:

  1. So cool to read the progress! Love & prayers for a continued happy, healthy pregnancy and birth!
    Ro

    ReplyDelete