Thursday, August 22, 2013

Helping Hands

Whew, did you miss me?  While I've been quire busy keeping a little 10 pounder alive (seriously, who ever thought that was a full time job??), I haven't had too much time to blog.  I remember when I used to blog every day...then I realized that my life is not interesting enough to merit 7 entries a week (and I seriously doubt anyones is).  So I lowered it to 3.  And sometimes I've struggled with that, especially since kiddo came on the scene.  Still, I'll do my best going forward, because I love this little outlet on the internets to share my thoughts, ideas, triumphs and struggles.  And it seems you like to read....who the heck knows why, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth :-)
So, I hope your week has been kickin along alright...it's been a whirlwind of activity at casa Glaser. 

My cousins Lisa and Michelle came in over the weekend (from Missouri and California, respectively).  My aunt passed in June and they flew in to do a memorial for her in her hometown, as
she wished to have her ashes rest with her childhood family. It was beautiful and sad, and of course afterwards you sit and wonder why all family reunions happen at weddings.  Hmm.
Anyways, it was great to see my cousins, whom I haven't spent time with since 2009, at my wedding.  Lisa came out one day to meet the baby and catch up, and we spent 6 hours just catching up....and she mercifully watched little guy so momma could get out of the house for an hour. 

Michelle came to stay with me on Sunday for 3 days, which was beyond awesome.  She was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and I have missed her so much!  While life with a 6 week old doesn't scream "let's go party", we managed to have a pretty good time catching up with family, doing a little shopping (an art form with a spirited infant), and having some good old girl time.  So nice to have someone to talk to at this point in my life :-)  And, of course, for new mommy sanity...an extra set of hands!  In the last few days, I managed to go for 3 runs....2 bubble baths...and a heavenly 3 hour nap in my own bed without a kiddo in the same room.  Whew!  (Funny how these things make my world, huh?)  Anyways, a massive thank you to my angel of a cousin for making it happen....while we now live 3000 miles apart, I know we can never go 4 years without some catch up....and here's hoping we live much closer soon!
Baby Jail....lol
And now it's back to baby and me.  We are working on some sleep training, which has its good days and bad days.  I swear, I have the only 7 week old on the planet that has FOMO (fear of missing out).  Who knew that social media bred social media babies??
How has your week been?  Any fun plans for the last "full summer" weekend before labor day?

No comments:

Post a Comment