Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week 7: Starting to feel real

And part 3!  More tomorrow!!

December 3:

Welcome, week 7!  This week, it's starting to feel real.  Little bit is still super super small, but there are some definite signs of...shall we say "not being myself" that are coming out in full force this week!  So what's going on in week seven?  Check it out....

Your Baby in Week 7 of Pregnancy
Your baby is now about the size of a blueberry (and about 10,000 times bigger than he was at conception). Most of that growth is concentrated in the head as new brain cells are generated at the rate of 100 per minute. Your baby's mouth and tongue are forming as arm and leg buds sprout, and those little kidneys are getting ready to do their job (pee production and excretion).

A blueberry.  Wows.  Amazing how something so darn small can be affecting my body so much!  Nonetheless, it really is.  What's up with momma this week?  Check it out....
I am unimpressed for some reason :-P
Total Weight Gain: Not too sure about this one.  I'm going off my weight since last doctor appointment at the beginning of November, and it looks like I am up a pound.  However, I am still in the throes of pregnancy bloat, so methinks that's the culprit.
My Body: Tummy bloat, but not too bad.  My boobs (sorry to be indelicate) are freaking huge!  I think it's safe to say I've gained a cup size since week 5, and I need to invest in a new sports bra.  Need to strap those babies in better for my runs!
Cravings: Anything savory, specifically meat.  I can't get enough of chicken, cheese, crackers, and hummus.  So weird.  I am the queen of sweets, so craving meat is....odd.  But I'm trying to load up on healthy proteins and fats, and to stay away from the garlic pretzels (who AM i?)
Sleep: Ehh, off and on.  It's been a better week than last, I'm still tired all the time.  Baby growing is hard work!  (Says the silly pregnant woman in the single digit weeks!)
Baby Items Bought/Received: I bought a onesie for a dollar at Walmart.  Too early?  I don't care-it was adorable and cheap!
Best Baby Moment: This is more of a funny moment, but I was making dinner one night this week, and Greg came home.  He was feeling pretty silly, and started snapping me with a towel.  We were running around, and he started to do the Cartman " Get in the kicthen and make me some pie" bit, when he started laughing and told me to look at my feet.  I did.  No shoes.  He goes "Hey, you're barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen"  Hardy har har har. 
Goals: To not bust out the news to everyone I see!!  We are so excited and happy, but I know I need to wait until after the first ultrasound to sing from the rooftops.  Tape across my face.....
Worries: Not really a worry, just a healthy concern about baby growth.  I really can't wait to go in next week for our first appointment!

In other news, I found out on Monday that Kate Middleton just announced her pregnancy.  She's almost 12 weeks, which puts her a month ahead of me, which is wild for me.  When I was a kid, my godmother was thoroughly convinced that I was going to marry William one day, because we were the same age.  Needless to say, I found my own wonderful prince :-), but I think it's pretty neat that our little ones will be about a month apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment