Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week 37: The final Countdown..

Go Nugget!  We have officially baked longer than your impatient brother did, which makes your momma happy.  We love Rob TONS of bunches, but he is a crazy on the go dude, and it seems that (at least in my tummy) you are ready to wait a bit.  Whew.  (You do have a 2 week shelf life on that though babe, none of this overdue stuff, kay?) I am 38 weeks today....lets take a look at week 37 and what lil Nugs was up to....

Week 37

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Last bathroom selfie!
Total Weight Gain: Up 25 pounds.  Starting to get into the whole eating because I have to mode.  It's hot.  And my tummy gets full super quick.  But I'm workin on it!  Of course, the heat has made me retain water like a boss....NOT a fan!
Cravings: Cheese.  Again.  Which is good, because Tops had a super sale I paired with gas points and Savingstar rebates and got 28 sargento tastings wedges for $3 after rebates and coupons.  No, I didn't stutter.  Yes, I can bring back couponing and frugality tips post Nugget if you guys want :-)

Aversions: Relaxing.  Greg and I were totally set to just chill yesterday and some massive nesting took over my husband, lol.  What could I do?  I joined in!  About 5:30, I seriously thought I had some labor going on after the nest fest...nah.  Just over tired.  Doc confirmed today, still 1cm and now 50% effaced = tomorrow or two weeks.  We shall see!
Sleep: There aren't enough pillows in the world to make me comfortable.  Or enough air conditioning.  I'll be relocating to an iceberg on the north pole until further notice :-P

Baby Items Bought/Received: Another newborn outfit - for a while $1.25 at kohls.  Pants, a cardigan, and a onesie for "Captain Adorable"! How can you beat it?

Best Baby Moment: Kiddo is still baking.  Really, that's the best news in the world.  If it helps us have a healthy kid right off the bat, it's all I can ask for! :-)

Goals: To try to relax a bit before the big debut.  Just a bit.  If I can figure that word out, of course!

 Worries: Are pointless.


This Week:

source
Run: nada.  Think we are done till post baby
Bike: 64 miles
Swim: 6 miles
Total: 70  miles

To Date:
Run: 355.3 miles
Bike: 2414 miles
Swim: 96 miles

Total: 2819.3 miles...or, the distance from Rochester, NY to Alaska.  Have we reached the "final frontier"?  Or maybe just the final countdown :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment