Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 36: Comfy cozy

Week 37 is here (as of today)!  Which means Nugget is in theory fully baked.  Yay nugget!!  (assuming they dated this pregnancy right, which wasnt the case with Rob :-P)  Needless to say, I'm pretty freaking tired at this point.  I'm so cool with a few more weeks (no way in hell am I ready for this kiddo yet) but I definitely see myself slowing down...alot.  I haven't been able to swim for a week or so and it's super frustrating....I know why I never got swollen with Rob and the answer was = pool.  Thank goodness for compression sleeves and keeping your feet up..when you can!  I finally broke down and told my boss yesterday that I was done being superwoman and we put an end date on my coming into the office (I can pretty well work form home, which is so wonderful to ice and put your feet up when you need to.)  Of course, I seem to remember the last time I said that and the next day.....yikes!  Hopefully I won't be a hot mess when it's go time this way....but are you ever really ready? :-P


But let's talk about the bambino....

Week 36

Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of romaine lettuce). She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.
Total Weight Gain: Up 24 pounds. I think some of this is water weight - been battling some swelling.  Thankfully ice baths and compression help....probably not so much my stubbornness to continue riding, running and kickboxing.

Cravings: Cookies and creme pop tarts, hot fudge, almonds, and iced tea.  WTF.  You're only preggo for so long, and they sound good.  I'll thank myself when I'm training for my next ultra :-P  (yes, I have one planned for 2016.  Don't judge.)

Aversions: Anything work.  Will I ever get it done?  NO!  Why am I worried?  Also, sleep.  Having to pee every 5 minutes (this literally happened last night - Greg said...didn't you go downstairs 5 minutes ago?  Babe.  Just. No). People telling me i 1) look HUGE! and 2) am carrying high.  I know my tummy looks ready to pop, I live with it and last time I was told it would be forever because i was carrying high, I delivered 5 days later.  So :-P  pffft.

Sleep: Are you joking me?  That's just mean.  I don't want to talk about it.

Baby Items Bought/Received: Our first baby gift!  A really cute animal outfit with a giraffe on the tushie :-)  Thanks Norbert and Lorena!

Best Baby Moment: My awesome husband has started to do the cocoa butter belly rub.  No stretch marks that I can see of but it makes my tummy feel so good.  He's a keeper :-)

Goals: Just keep swimming....oh wait.  Hopefully the pool is open tomorrow and I can do that :-P

 Worries: I'm done with it.  I did what I needed to and got to September.  Keep baking kiddo, but I won't stress.  Much.

Running feet....with a big ole belly #preggorunnerproblems
This Week:
Run: 2 miles
Bike: 90 miles
Swim: 0 miles
Total: 92 miles

To Date:
Run: 355.3 miles
Bike: 2350 miles
Swim: 90 miles
Total: 2749.3 miles...or, the distance from Rochester, NY to Georgetown.  Hey, whatever works.

1 comment:

  1. I made $20 for each 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what big companies are paying me for. They need to know what their customer base needs and wants. So large companies pay millions of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, myself included, participates in surveys and gives them their opinion.

    ReplyDelete