Thursday, July 4, 2013

Week 37: My Little Jumping Bean

 Watch out!  Full term baby on board!!  We're still 3 weeks away, of course, but there's some reassurance internally now that if lil guy was born today s/he would be full term!  Wahooo!!

So what's up, kiddo?

Week 37

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

 Big fist bump for lil g, my full term bambino!  Stay put for another week or so though, okay, kiddo?  Mommy's maternity leave starts next week and she would like to sleep a bit.  Thanks, bud :-P

Momma

Body: Staying steady at 24 pounds.  I went up a bit, then lost a bit, and now I'm even steven.  No worries, says the doc.  Whew.
Cravings: Anything cold or frozen.  Fruit.  Popsicles.  Ice cream.  Divine.
Aversions:Sleep.  Nah, just kidding.  That should go under cravings...
Sleep: Horrible week.  Multiple bathrooms trips (sometimes 5 a night), inability to get comfy, and some wicked Braxton Hicks.  Yikes.  Can't wait for my summer retirement so I can cash in on hammock naps.
Fears:At my weekly check up (yeah, these internals are kicking my butt), some of the BH contractions were so severe that the baby's heart rate was all over the place, so I got my first fetal non stress test.  The doc hooked up baby g and I with a monitor and gave me some sugary juice to track movement, and I got to play with a jeopardy like clicker to record movement.  We passed with flying colors, but there's nothing like hearing that you need a non stress test to...welll....stress you out.  No more stress till it's D day, okay, kiddo?  I love you too much for that!!
Best Baby Moment: Greg and I were goofing off the other day, and just to show him how strong a preggo mama can be, I started doing pushups over him on the office floor.  I would smooch him on the down position, then do a rep, etc.  On one of my "downs", he startled and said..."Ohhhh babe, need you to get off.  Little guy is pressing on my sternum, and it hurts".  I immediately burst out laughing and offered to discuss what Baby G does to MY sternum 24/7.....and then he burst out laughing, too.  Oh babe...you're gonna be an awesome dad :-)
Items Bought/Received: A few more $4 diapers, and a trip to the Salvation Army where I got 9 outfits for $4.  Sweet.  I also got  a few more gifts....a beautiful silver frame, and handmade afghan from my co-workers wife, and some Target diaper fundage.  You guys spoil the snot outta this little one....thank you so much!

IRON BABY: Week 35

Swimming: 5 miles
Biking: 77
Running Walking:4 miles

Total: 87 miles.No desire to run this week.  I was toying with a 4th of July 5k, but nixed it.  There's nothing wrong with giving running a break :-P  Travels to date....1673.9 miles.  Go Kiddo!  That's the distance between Rochester, NY and the tip of the Mexican border.  Ole!!


We're tickin in here.....hoping for a max of 3 more updates....where did the time go????


No comments:

Post a Comment