Saturday, July 13, 2013

One Week.....forever in Love

Well, here we are.  One week ago yesterday, my life changed forever for the better.  I can't believe my little guy is a week old already....it seems like it just happened yesterday and at the same time....like he has been in my life forever!  I'm a momma completely in love with my perfect kiddo, and even though I'm the one that should be doling out life lessons, it's undoubtedly been the other way around.
When I was pregnant, I followed my friend Allee's blog to compare some of our experiences and to get some much needed mam to be wisdom along with her awesome sarcastic wit.   Seriously, check it out.  Girl is hilarious. Anyways,  right before she had her adorable little girl, she posted a letter to her, explaining how she felt and to share with little Caroline some day.  Such an awesome idea!  I wanted to do the same for my Ro man, but he decided he wanted to meet face to face before then, so I didn't get the chance!  So here we go, one week birthday latter to my guy.....

Dear Little Man,

I can't believe it's only been 7 short days since they placed you in my arms, announcing that I had a perfect son.  When they put you on me, you opened your little eyes and just stared at me as if to say....so.  This is Mom...   and my heart melted.  I knew at that moment what it felt like to love something with your whole being, and I knew I would love you forever.  That first day was a complete whirlwind, but you and I got to spend lots of time together snuggling and getting to know each other on the outside!
Since then, the days have blended together, each with their own distinct discoveries.  At one week, you.....
Love, love, LOVE skin to skin tummy time.  It's your favorite way to sleep.
Really get a kick out of people.  You adore everyone you meet, and charm the pants off of them.
You HATE being swaddled.  You need to explore!
You use your hands to express yourself.  You have a cool dud thinking pose, you sleep with your hands flung above your head, and you pull on your ear when your hungry or nursing.
You eat like a pro....all. the. time.
Likewise, you are a pro at dirty diapers.  Mommy and Daddy might need a second job!
You smile all the time.  No fair telling mommy its just gas.
You have Mommy and Daddy wrapped around your little finger.  Literally.  You have a kung fu grip.
You already know how to use your legs to move yourself in your crib, and an roll on your side.  Mommy is in serious trouble.
You can lift your head and move it without crashing.  Pretty sure you're going to Harvard next week!

Even though Mommy and Daddy are new at this parenting thing, you are so patient with us, little man.  You throw a fit from time to time, but when you are done crying, you have this way of looking at us that says "Okay guys, now what?  Whats next?" That is just amazing.  Everyone that meets you loves you....Mommy and Daddy the most.
We can't wait to keep learning more about you every day, my little prince.  You are without a doubt one of the best things that has ever happened to Mommy, and I am so grateful and blessed to have you in my world.  I promise to love you forever, and to show you everything.  I can't wait for our next adventure!
Love,
Your Mommy


 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love this! Keep writing to him! It only gets better and better every day :-)

    ReplyDelete