Friday, June 14, 2013

Week 34: Checkin it off....

Wait, are you telling me that in 6 weeks we're gonna have a baby??  How in the heck did this happen?  Well, okay, fine, we all know how it HAPPENED, but this is a family blog, remember?  So, let's talk about the stork, the kiddo, momma and daddy and all that jazz.  After all, that's why you're here, right?  Right!

Week 34:

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (about the size of a cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Awww, it seems we've hit another layer of safe zone (does that even exist?)  It's good to know that Baby G would most likely be okay if I delivered today, and also to know that my hospital (which doesn't have the NICU) would be able to deliver safely.  Still...bake, baby, bake!  Give us a few more weeks before you come to play, please.  Speaking of playing, though, it seems to be my lil rambunctious kicker wants to do just that.  All. the. time.  Good thing s/he lets momma know whats up in that little world, huh??  And without further adieu, here's whats up in my world in week 34....

Week 34:  Momma

Body: Up 22 pounds- go baby, go! This week, I truly feel every inch of 8 months pregnant.  Not waddling yet, but Greg is officially on alert to let me know when it happens :-P

Cravings: Fruit.  Loving cherries, peaches, mangoes, blueberries, and oranges.  So refreshing and yummy!!

Aversions: I gave up on oatmeal and bought whole wheat English muffins, cheese, and egg beaters to make breakfast sammies.  It takes me awhile, but I learn.  Eventually. 

Sleep:2 hour stretches.  That's just the way it is.  Thanks lil turtle, for training momma one month early (face palm).

Fears: Doing super well this week as far as "stuff"...hospital visit done, hospital bag packed, nursery 99% done (just need to hang curtains!), and Greg has started teaching me my Bradley Methods exercises.  Makin the list, checkin it off. One step at a time-baby is coming soon!!

Best Baby Moment: Well, I must officially look socially acceptably pregnant (about damn time!) because I've gotten a ton of "You look awesome"! And "You are doing everything right!" and "8 months-holy cow, you look amazing!"  Which....hey, I'll take it.  Everyone likes compliments :-)  And then the baby will kick when someone's holding my tummy and it's even more worth it :-)
Items Bought/Received: One of our old family friends sewed me a baby blanket in the shape of a turtle that will look PERFECT on our wall.  I also bought 3 bottles of baby shampoo, diaper rash creme, infant toothpaste, 2 onesies, and a 40 pack of pampers for $11.  Sweet.  Mom also bought us some 9 month turtle onesies....so spoiled!!

IRON BABY: Week 32
Swimming: 6.5 miles
Biking: 61 miles
Running: 3.1 miles

Total: 70.6 miles.

Iron Baby’s Travels to date (week 19 on)….1405.9 miles-that's the distance from Rochester NY to Bismark, North Dakota.  Where I wanted to take our honeymoon.  No joke.  Seriously, why go somewhere exotic when all you want to do is spend time in the....wait.  PG.  I'm sorry.  So sorry.  (We went to Vermont for our honeymoon....but it was gorgeous for hiking and biking in August :-))

And, of course...more nursery shots!!  AHHH, I can't wait to meet our kiddo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment