Friday, June 7, 2013

Week 33: Blocked

Well, we've hit another milestone this week.....my pregnancy blocks.  Since I am a cheap frugal mommy to be, I'm using date blocks for my weeks (never ending calendar deal).  Well...since there is no such 33, 34, 35 or 36 in each month...i can't make those numbers in blocks!  Doh!  It's okay....time to bust out my pathetic paint skills.  I'm sorry in advance, but I'll work on it in the next few weeks :-)

Week 33

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark (about the size of a pineapple). He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

I have no doubt this lil bugger is a growin-I've gone from being that teeny pregnant woman to "holy cow"  look at your tummy!  Well, at least they aren't busting on my toosh....

Momma: Week 33

Body: Up 20 pounds.  Steady as she goes....doo doo, doo doo do.. At this stage, I'm just glad I'm not a waddlin like a duck.  It goes without saying that I feel verrrry pregnant by now, even though some people might digress.  Proof is in the puddin-tummy is over 15 inches bigger than at week 5!

Cravings: Cheese, cheese cheese.  String cheese.  Cheddar cheese.  Mac n cheese.  Oh you bet I made some Kraft the other day.  It's funny-I'm still enjoying my sweet treats, but any GOTTA HAVE IT NOWs are all about salty, savory, and...cheese.  I wonder if I will ever eat banana oats again?

Aversions: Not too many, just, as always, food that doesn't sound good.  Mostly sweet stuff.  I can live with that.
Sleep: Sad as it is, the couch is my new best friend.  It's comfy, I can make my own pillow heaven, and use the back for support.  Poor Greg.  Then again, maybe he likes having a big bed all to himself...hmm.
Fears: IT'S ALMOST TIME!  PACK THE HOSPITAL BAG!  WHERE'S THE BIRTH PLAN?? (well, i did finish that this week).  We did our hospital tour this week, which was super cool, but also made shit more real.  Yeah, that'll be me in less than 7 weeks.  Yes, kiddo, you heard me right.  I'm evicting you in 7 weeks.  Stat.
Best Baby Moment:Seeing the nursery and birthing unit at Highland.  I can't wait to meet our kiddo!!
Items Bought/Received: My friend Carly, who is a super couponer, sold me 17 cases of diapers and 6 boxes of wipes for a freakin sweet deal.  I also had some luck at target this week...2 boxes of diapers, 2 things of baby wash, and 2 things of lotion for $11.  Sweet.  Tomorrow is the Gananda garage sale, so more deals on the way for week 34!!

IRON BABY: Week 32
Swimming: 6 miles
Biking: 85 miles
Running: 0 miles

Total: 91 miles.  No running this week....treadmill is busted and I've been a tired momma.  We'll give it a go next week and see if running is still in the picture :-)

Iron Baby’s Travels to date (week 19 on)….1335.3 miles- That's the distance between Rochester,NY and New Orleans.  No, baby, no beads for you!

Week 33 was a bit rough...we had a few deaths in the family, which made for a pretty sad week in the Glaser house.  Here's hoping that week 34 will be lookin up....and we keep counting down the days until we meet our little g!

No comments:

Post a Comment