Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week 22: Bust a Move

And we keep moving along....to week 22!  It's so surreal to me right now.  Sometimes I feel like I'm newly pregnant, and sometimes I feel like I have been pregnant for my entire. life.  Weird.  I think it's just the middle of the pregnancy lull where you KNOW for a fact you feel and look different, but there's no obvious sign or struggle to get through the day that defines you as an overly pregnant woman.  Does that even make sense?  Yup, I'm rambling.  Moving on to the star of the show....

Your Pregnancy: Week 22
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.
A freakin squash?  For real?? Aside from the fact that I just can't even believe that the kiddo is THAT big...I love these produce comparisons, but am sort of having trouble with the concept that my baby is being compared to something I really enjoy eating.  Kinda feels like cannibalism or something.  I dunno.  Clearly I'm a little bit random this week, so let's just get to the meat of the matter (har har har)...what's up with me this week?
Momma's Stats-week 22
My Body: Up 9.5 pounds. Still a steady gain.  Greg says that anyone that can't tell I'm pregnant needs glasses.  You've been warned, people. I'm still in normal pants (how is this happening?  I love it!)  but I can definitely  tell that my body is different.  Tummy feels full all of the time, and my sense of balance is most definitely off....I just feel kinda....different.  But hey, that's supposed to happen!  Am definitely noticing feeling out of breath a bit more easily, so I just kinda take it easy with what I am doing.  I'm also finding I need to crash every once in a while and grab even 10 minutes of rest.  Hey, we keep adapting.  It's all good!
Cravings: Rainbow sherbet and popcorn.  Not together, of course!  Tops had a sale on sherbet this week, so I got two containers for 75 cents each.  Sweet!
Aversions: Nothing too crazy.  All the usual suspects, still hatin' on peanut butter.  No, it's NOT peanut butter jelly time!
Sleep: Doing pretty well.  The baby seems to like to throw kicks at my bladder already, which I know will make the next 4 months o so much fun, but who am I to complain?  Healthy baby, happy momma!  Most active time seems to be between dinner and bedtime, so I like to tease the baby that 10pm is PAST his or her bedtime, but hey-at least baby g doesn't kick at 2am....yet :-P

Best Baby Moment:Since we've got the next karate kid practicing their chop on my uterus, Greg and I figured it would help for them to be able to hear and "feel" dad more often.  Well, a few night ago, we were watching TV with Greg's hand on my tummy, and about 10 minutes later....kick kick kick...."Hi Dad!" Awwww.  So adorable. 

Baby Items Bought/Received: Well, I don't know if this one counts, but we did a visit for a daycare that we both fell in love with.  We put down a deposit and Baby G now has some new friends coming to play after I get out of maternity leave!  And Mom and Dad.....well, maybe we will win the lottery :-P  Seriously, though, it's good to know that that huge thing is off our list.  Whew.  One step at a time. 
Iron baby!: In utero travels for week 21...
Swimming: 3 miles
Biking: 92 miles
Running: 9 miles

Total =104 miles
Cumulative Total (week 19 on) = 307.3 miles...that's about the distance from Wayne County to NYC.  Fancy stuff!

Well, that wraps it up in our world for the week.  baby G says catch ya on the flip side, yo :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment