Monday, March 25, 2013

Rainbow Gold


Hey there guys!  Welcome to another fun Monday.  Hopefully, it's a short week for some of you (anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?)  We actually have Friday off at my agency, so it's a 4 day week for me.  Woohoo! Ok, I'll stop.  It's still Monday.  Which means it's a whole week till that wonderful weekend dance.  Meh. 
It was a crazy day in my little corner of the world today- seven million phone calls, conference calls, meetings, a sick hubby, and grocery shopping. Plus, the weekends events are still lingering a bit and I have the littlest basketball player slam dunkin on my uterus.  Complaining?  No way.  I love it.  But the busy day called for 4 things...a nice long swim (check-was able to break away during lunch), snuggles time with my fur kid and sickie hubs, a good movie (rented Argo for Monday night indulgence)....and a back to simpler times dessert.  With a twist.  Cause it never hurts to be innovative, right?  (Or....erm...sub out ingredients when the Rice Krispies aren't on sale!) Tonight's snack...Lucky Treats!

Lucky Treats

4 tbsp butter, softened
2 cups marshmallows
5 cups Lucky Charms Cereal


Another so simple recipe, one I feel silly posting, but, nonetheless a good weeknight treat, and a fun kids treat to boot (working up our quick n delish recipe arsenal, can't you tell?)  Combine butter and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl, microwave for 1 minute, or until softened.  Add in cereal, and then spray a 9 x 11 inch baking pan with non stick spray.  MOST IMPORTANT STEP - spray your hands with cooking spray first, then mix cereal into butter and melted 'shmallows.  Evenly spread in baking ban.  Set in fridge or outside (if you live in frigid NY!) for an hour to cool.  Cut into 12 squares.
Nom nom nom.  Monday just got a whole lot better....no?


1 comment:

  1. For some reason, it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who sets baked goods outside to cool in the winter!

    ReplyDelete