Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 21: Chug a Lug

We're turning a corner, folks!  Baby is half baked!  Oh wait....that's not right.  Please don't take away my mommy card.....

Your Pregnancy: Week 21
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.


As far as the martial arts go, I can tell you thats a fact.  My lil nugget is in full karate mode, and lets me know at least 5-6 times a day that the padded room I've provided is HELLO! not big enough.  It's pretty much the neatest thing ever though....not sure how I feel about being a punching bag, but knowing that your child is active and well is just beyond awesome. Either that or he/she is banging his head against a wall as I feed it more string cheese....hmmm....

Momma's Stats-week 21!


Belly expanding!
My Body:  Up 8.5 pounds.  My OB told me last week that I am basically the "poster child" for pregnancy and that I am doing perfectly for weight gain, tummy gain, and keeping myself and baby healthy.  She also told me to ignore people that nag on my lack of maternity pants tummy and activity level/weight gain.  Don't have to tell me twice :-P  All I need to know is that baby is doing well and I am a happy girl!  And baby g is a heartly lil one...weighing almost a pound and perfectly on track at 21 weeks gestation.  Pregnancy gold stars for Mommy, Daddy and baby too!
Cravings:  Citrus and String Cheese.  I like this craving.  Sweet, salty and savory.  This one might stay!
Aversions: Random upon random....Grain berry Cereal and crackers.  It;'s this brand of organic nosh that Tops sells...they had a super deal on it this week, so I stocked up....forgetting that the last time they had a super deal, it was November and I threw it up every time I ate them.  Well, the body didn't forget.  So Greg gets some cool organic crackers and cereal for the week...as long as I don't come within 500 yards of them.  No, I'm not kidding.

Sleep: One night of restlessness of active baby, but the rest has been good!  We seem to have been overloading our social calendar lately, which has been awesome, but I keep forgetting that it's tiring to grow a baby :-P  We only have one thing going on this weekend, and I will surely be stocking up on REST!

Baby Items Bought/Received: We got a honkin sweet deal on a changing table this week.  It was a gorgeous maple table I found on craigslist for only $20-and it came with the changing pad!  When we went to pick it up, the couple (grandparents) showed us their own private garage sale, and for an extra $15, we got a jumper, 3 light up motion toys, a radio, 6 books, a set of blocks, and 4 teethers.  Awesome deal!!

Best Baby Moment:Showing our friends and family our baby video was so awesome, as was my first convo with my cousin about my upcoming baby shower.  I'm getting really excited about everything!


Iron baby!: In utero travels for week 20....

Swimming: 2 miles
Biking: 80 miles
Running: 16 miles

Total = 98 miles
Cumulative Total = 203.3 miles...or basically....the baby has travelled to Albany.  We can do better :-P


The big question of the week....how much longer can we wear normal pants?  2 days?  1 week?  Any bets??

No comments:

Post a Comment