Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sunny Side Up

I suppose if I thought I had life with two kiddos figured out, they are now laughing at me :-).  The last 4 nights have been pretty sleepless with a 3 week old fighting a cold and wishing to discuss politics at 3am (note, I do not have her vote unless it is for food.  Then I win).  When she passes out...Rob likes to discuss current events (people going poopy and news stations (aka what Mickey Mouse will be doing today in his clubhouse).  Needless to say, diet coke, coffee, and yes, wine, are all staples in my life (I just had my first bottle glass in months and it was DELISH! - what?  I meant coke.  errrm).  Life marches on.  I'm really enjoying every sleepless second and catching Biz up on the life of Genoa City during the day, amidst folding laundry load 47, working in free weights, and escaping for an hour most days to run or ride (bless you Daddy).  Of course, as I write this I have a sleeping bundle of perfection on my lap and....I wouldn't trade places for 8 hours of sleep, a massage, and a hot man servant at my disposal!  ...hmmmm....

Anyways, moving on.  This past weekend my in laws came to visit from Colorado - they had to meet Miss Biz and spent a few days with us.  We had a great time and even got some extended family and friends time - Greg and I hosted a brunch for 12 on Sunday.  It was awesome to see everyone, and with some good teamwork from my boys and some excellent guests, we managed to pull it off.  Everyone brought a dish to pass and I did bacon, coffee, and an egg bake.  Which turned out delish AND was pretty healthy to boot.  Oh you know I'm sharing....

Harvest Egg Bake (serves 8-10)

8 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup each, diced - red pepper, onion, broccoli
1 tbsp olive oil
4 medium potatoes
1 tbsp  each - garlic salt, black pepper, rosemary, and cumin
1/2 cup shredded fresh cheddar


Par boil potatoes for 10 minutes, let cool.  Slice into coin sized rounds.  Spray a 9x13 pan and line bottom with potatoes.  Saute diced veggies for 5 minutes or until softened.  Layer on top of potatoes.  Beat the eggs, whites, milk and spices until thoroughly mixed, pour over veggies.  Add cheese to top it all off.  Bake at 400 for 45 minutes, broil for 5.  Let set for 5 minutes before serving.

Company approved.  Ill take their word....I didn't even get a bite by the time I got to the table, which....empty dish = winning!!!

This one wasn't happy about it though.

Who am I kidding.  She just wanted a cow :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment