Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 22: Peaches n Cream



Your Pregnancy: Week 22
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.

Total Weight Gain: Up 10 pounds.  At least, that's what the scale says post Bill Grays.  Oh yeah.  That happened.  If a normal weight gain is 25-35 pounds, I estimate there are at least 75 more cheeseburgers in my future.  Right?  
Clearly, I need to buy new clothes #TuesdayUniform
 My Body Must be a black and white thing.  I feel about 80 months pregnant.  My friend's wife is 2 due 2 weeks before me and he says I don't look pregnant at all.  Hmm.  My waist is up 7 inches, i FEEL most certainly pregnant, even though I am still in normal clothes.  However, I did was up my maternity clothes and some of Greg's more comfy tanks (what?  That's a wife's privilege!) and got them all ready.  I seem to recall needing these clothes about month 6 with Rob, so better to be prepared!

Cravings: Mmmmm...fruit.  I FINALLY got my Bill Grays Cheeseburger (mmm so delicious) so this week has been a raspberry and cheese week. and ice cream.  MMMM, delish.  Also, Tuna Fish.  How weird is that???

Aversions: Still no soda.  Add in chicken drumsticks.  Dark meat.  Blech.

Sleep: Starting to have middle of the night potty breaks and eating - seems my tummy needs a few crackers to make it through the night.  Here's where being the mom of a toddler helps - just pull on some huggies and have a fruit pouch.  I'm kidding.  Maybe... :-D

Baby Items Bought/Received: 40 packages of wipes.  Hey, they were 50 cents for 72 count!  I posted a pic of my diaper stockpile and while some people might think I am nuts for having 2200 diapers ready to go, who will be laughing at 2am when Greg and I are NOT doing a full priced diaper run?  Oh yeah, THIS GIRL :-P

Best Baby Moment: WE FINISHED PAINTING THE NURSERY!  YAY!!  I wish I could do justice
Nuggets Casa!
explaining what a pain in the you know what this was.  Let's just say that even though it's primer and paint, peach does NOT cover Olive well.  Even 3 coats.  #@*!@*#  We finally said eff the high walls, we'll get a border!  Still needs trim touch up, but the walls are good and Greg even put in a new window!  Such a handyman :-)


Goals: Move in rest of nursery furniture.  Move in "big boy" furniture to Rob's room.  Seriously consider that this child might have 7 middle names and no first name.  He/She might be a good lawyer.

Worries: Did I really sign up for a 12 mile trail race next week called the "Mendon Mauler"?  WTF is wrong with me?  (Nah, just kidding.  I mean, about the worry.  Not about the race!)

This Week:
Run: 15 miles
Bike: 70 miles
Swim: 2 miles
Total: 87 miles

To Date:
Run: 263.1 miles
Bike: 1171 miles
Swim: 46.5 miles
Total: 1461.6 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Houston, TX.  Not the place to be right now, but maybe I really have a water baby on my hands!  (That was terrible.  I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment