Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Week 19: Gettin' International!

Another week down - holy cow they are just flying by!  Can someone freeze time??  (Yeah I know all the mommies say that!)

Your Pregnancy: Week 19

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom —about the size of a bathtime boat! Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.


Total Weight Gain: Up 6 pounds.  Steady as she goes!  I have my OB appt tomorrow, the 5th (well today now) so we shall see what the official is for week 20!


My Body: Tummy is a showin!  Now that it's t shirt and skirt weather (thank goodness!!) it's pretty obvious that Nugget is growing!  The belly is a bit lower this time but not by much - I am still rockin the pre preggo pants and skirts without issue (or hair tie, the infamous stand in between regular and maternity pants!)

Cravings: Cheese was a biggie this week.  And burgers.  I must admit I did have two burgers out, which were friggin delicious and worth every grease bomb minute.  Greg and I did a mini baby moon getaway overnight to Niagara Falls so we enjoyed!

Aversions: Still the same.  I would like to claim an aversion to work - can I do that??  Working with HR to see if I can afford a mini stay cation and how many hours I can use to save enough for FMLA leave - I have no idea how I will get everything done before the sequel pops!

Sleep: Still wish I could laze at home and have no commitments - I am feeling much better than trimester 1 but am still SO TIRED.  I've also started the infamous preggo dreams, oh my.  Seriously, they are blush inducing and I'm not shy!  

Baby Items Bought/Received: And the theme is...DIAPERS.  Again.  We are up to 1400 diapers, all for $97 out of pocket.  Sweet!  That should last what, 6 months?  LOL.  I also bought a baby sling - one of those buy free pay shipping so for $12.99 why not?  I figure it will come in super handy while entertaining a newborn and a toddler!


Best Baby Moment: Mom and Dad getaway to the Falls.  So wonderful. Nugget's first "trip"! And a big big thanks to Gramma for babysitting - Rob loved his overnight trip!

Goals: To get the show on the road with the baby room!  And to prep for mother's day - I am hosting a family brunch.  (No worries, we moved my mother's day to next weekend so all bets are off May 17th :-P)

Worries: NEED TO GET BABY THINGS AND HOUSE READY.  AHHH!!

BABY NUGGET ON THE MOVE!

This Week:
Run: 8 miles 
Bike: 75 miles 
Swim: 2 miles
Total: 85 miles

To Date:
Run: 222.1 miles
Bike: 948 miles
Swim: 37.5 miles
Total: 1187.6 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Orlando, Fla.  Rob would approve - he loves Mickey Mouse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment