Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week 18: Nugget, the Ultra star

Seems as if this is a milestone week!!


Your Baby in Week 18 of Pregnancy

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a balloon) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.


momma and baby on the run!
Total Weight Gain: Up 5 pounds -wow!  Seems nugget is really fiending.  thats cool.  actual weight check next week so we'll see - I have no scale so I'm relying on the gym scale :-)

My Body: Well, its out.  Some of my acquaintances that don't see me that often think I have "popped".  I wouldn't say that but it's pretty evident in any situation that there's a lil something somethin brewin!  Up 4 inches in the tummy (and probably a whole cup size - yikes!)

Cravings: I'm so boring, but the theme is berries and nuts,  I would say I am gestating a bear, but I already have one of those so thats not possible!!

Aversions:  Added gravy to the mix.  Not that I even usually eat it, but the thought of gravy and stuffing makes me want to yak.  I smelled it in the lunchroom last week and that was it.  Other than that I feel pretty good!

Sleep: Still my BFF and never get enough.  I swear, if I could get everything done and pass out by 8pm I would be so happy.  But we just do what we can!

Baby Items Bought/Received: More diapers- I am a machine!  I scored a greap coup for CVS and ended up with 132 diapers for $4.50  YES!

Best Baby Moment: Nugget and I did our first half marathon this past weekend
Rob ready to race!!
and totally killed it.  And Rob raced too - such a proud momma!!


Goals: To spend some 1:1 time with my husband this weekend.  I sorta miss him!

Worries: I am so tired.  Will I really be ready for this kiddo??

BABY NUGGET ON THE MOVE!

This Week:
Run: 25.1 miles
Bike: 60  miles
Swim: 3 miles
Total: 88.1 miles

To Date:
Run: 216.1 miles
Bike: 873 miles
Swim: 35.5 miles
Total: 1102.6 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Olathe, KS - Nugget is touring the family abodes and is now sayin' hi to "Aunt Lisa" the best god mom ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment