Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Week 16: Little Flutters

Your Baby in Week 16 of Pregnancy

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of a children's book : 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Aww, what a champ!  I can totally tell the lil one is growing, too - I feel like i have an elephant on my chest!!

Where's the tummy?

Total Weight Gain: Officially up 1 pound from PP weight - yay for the party dance!  I actually feel like it is way more - I can certainly tell I am pregnant even if no one else can!

My Body: Ugh.  I swear I got pregnant overnight, no kidding.  I realize that when I am wearing normal clothes, no one can tell, but I can!  out of breath, full feeling all the time, some awesome round ligamnet pain.  Hey, its all part of the deal - means a healthy kiddo is baking!  Now if we could just quit the nausea....thought we were done, and I still managed to worship the porcelain anti god this week.  Meh.

Cravings: Fruit.  Any kind.  I went to the dollar store and bought frozen mango (is that wrong?), pineapple, and strawberries.  I cut up a plate of oranges and apples after dinner and feast.  Yum.  Also, cheese is delicious.  As always.  And I found out that while 99% of yogurts are bad, that Fage works - hey, I must have a high class bebe, right??

Aversions:  Oatmeal and bananas.  And plain M&Ms.  And hummus.  Weird stuff.

Sleep: Bathroom breaks are still frequent, but if I am smart enough to focus my water mostly before dinner, I sleep more.  Rocket science, I know.  Also a few stressors this week that have kept me up, but I'm trying to work through them with yoga and deep breathing.  

There it is!!
Baby Items Bought/Received: Just some more diapers - we are at 1100 for kiddo now!  So, like, 3 months worth.  LOL

Best Baby Moment: Nugget says hi!  Started feeling little flutters this week.  Hopefully s/he doesn't take after Rob, who played soccer in my tummy for 3 months!

Goals: Time to get the baby room started!  Rob is officially 1 week into exclusive toddler bed, so we are evacuating the crib.  And its time to paint!  Pics coming.

Worries: If I feel like I have a walrus on my chest NOW....oh man.  Not going there.

BABY NUGGET ON THE MOVE!

This Week:
Run: 18 miles
Bike: 62  miles
Swim: 2 miles
Total: 72 miles

To Date:
Run: 172 miles
Bike: 737 miles
Swim: 30.5 miles
Total: 926.5 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Atlanta...HOT Lanta!  baby wants some southern BBQ :-P  Oh, that sounds good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment