Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Week 15: Keep on Movin' on.....

Here we go!


Your Baby in Week 15 of Pregnancy

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of a sippy cup). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")


Total Weight Gain - Down a pound.  Almost back to where I started!  Which, for the record, was 5 pounds above happy normal weight.  I ate all the cookies during Christmas and am now so glad I did!!)

My Body - Bout the same.  Greg says he can tell I am preggo, but only with a tank top on.  I took a "work bathroom selfie" this week A) Because I am classy like that and B) Because you cant tell anything.  Hey, it's all good.  If I don't have to see maternity clothes till month 5, I'm cool with it!
Cravings-  All of the fruit.  All of the time.  And cheese!!  It's funny - I've been under the illusion that this pregnancy is worlds differen than with Rob but here I am, craving the same things, same weight gain, basically same look as last time....so, it might NOT be an alien!  Those with better perspecitive also say I've been sick about the same, just um...ejecting it more.  And tired.  But hey, chasing a toddler is work :-)

Sleep - Still wish it was fashionable to go to bed at 7pm.  Or that I could afford to take a week off from work, send Rob to daycare and just friggin sleep.  

Dapper Dad.  (my goofball!)
Baby Items Bought/Received - All of the diapers.  Bought 400 diapers at CVS for $35.  Woohoo!!  We have enough diapers for...a month.  Heh.  Easter bunny also borough me some maternity clothes.  I have some from Rob but it's always nice to have new things :-)

Best Baby Moment - Nugget and I ran 12 miles on Thursday!  It wasn't fast or anything, but it was great to do it - we tackle our first half marathon in 3 weeks and are feelin' good!  My training has sucked for this race so just knowing 12 miles was doable makes me feel good.

Worries - Found out they changed our maternity policy at work, and not in my favor.  Lame.  Looks like Ill either have to come back earlier or not get paid for part of it.  Go fund me, anyone?  (I am KIDDING!!)

BABY NUGGET ON THE MOVE!

This Week:
Run: 21 miles
Bike: 50  miles
Swim: 2.5 miles
Total: 73.5 miles

To Date:
Run: 154 miles
Bike: 675 miles
Swim: 28.5 miles
Total: 854.5 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Nashville, TN....pretty fitting since Baby G2 is going line dancing with Mama and Dad this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment