Friday, January 2, 2015

2015: Life Happens. Deal with it.

Well, now here we are.  Miracles do happen.  Blogging again less than 48 hours later, I've updated my personal info so I'm not 30 anymore (which was sad) and updated some of my blog lovin and kiddo updates (need to still work on that!)  Look at me go in 2015!  How was your New Years?  Once again, we did an earlier low key party, and thought we might get away with a private New Year's smooch.   Well, Ro-Bear had some other plans - including a late night dance party from 11:30-2am.  Yikes,  So needless to say, we dragged a bit yesterday.  But after a full nights sleep last night (8.5 hours - UNHEARD of) and the bear in daycare today - Greg and I enjoyed a super super low key day and got a few things crossed off our list, including some binge "American Horror Story" watching.  Creepy - but addictive - show.  We also figured out our 2015 race calendar, due to some crazy awesome deals yesterday - check it out!  It's pretty obvious that 2015 is more of a running year for me - I'm taking a break from most tri's for a year.  I still love them, but I've felt way more into running lately, and with one ultra under my belt, I decided to go for another marathon and a 50 miler, which is the focus of my year.  Why the heck not?

So how bout them rezzies?  Well, I have a few goals this year, but they are more overarching goals rather than specific ones.  First, I want to keep the love that I have with my family - Greg and kiddo make me smile every single day and I want to continue to enjoy that journey.  I also have gotten closer to a few other family members in 2014 and I want to keep that alive - it's the best thing ever to be able to chat with people on a personal level about things you never saw yourself sharing.  Ever.

I have a goal to run 2015 miles in 2015.  This is not original, but it sounded like fun. Why not?  I'll keep a running (har har) tab on my blog at the end of each post, but it's mostly for me to remember.  Gotta keep accountable somehow!  January 2 - 7 miles in.

Lastly, I want to keep this quote in mind : "Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it".  In the last few months, I've been super stressed by a number of things that in the grand scheme of things, are ridiculous.  They are trying and have been wearing me down for sure, but in 5 years they won't matter.  And I spend way too much time worrying about them, which makes me a less happy person.  So in 2015, I resolve to look at my life and ask myself - "How can I deal with this (thing/person/event) and come out so I feel ok about who I am as a person?"  Rather than spouting crap about how X happened to me.  It's a lofty goal and I hope to rise to it.  I also suspect yoga, deep breaths, and chocolate will come into play.  Hey, one thing at a time.

What are your goals for 2015?

2015 miles to date: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment