Saturday, February 22, 2014

Running Around

So.  Here we are in week 4 of my so called ultra training (feel like I need some Clare Danes).  It's been another crazy week, and I would be that crazy lady, trying to pretend that I can do it all.  I can do most of it, reasonably well.  And that's ok.  I realize it's now turning into a post a week gig around here, and that's my thing, so Imma roll with it.  I mean, a recipe or thrifty tip, an update on my ultra training, a Rob pic and...you're good to go for another week, right?  Right.  Thanks :-)

Recipe....well, Valentine's day has come and gone.  When you have a bebe and lack of close by sitters, you have to get creative.  No problema.  Greg and I stayed in and I made dinner, and he did dessert.  Chicken French and lofthouse cookies....mmmmm.  I adapted a Better Homes and Gardens recipe for Chicken French, and the results were delicious, healthy and easy.  Check it out!




 Lightened Up Chicken French

4 - 4oz boneless chicken breast, raw
2 egg whites
1/4 cup ww flour
1/2 cup white wine
1 tbsp each parsley and minced garlic

Pound chicken breast with a mallet (or rolling pin) until thin.  Dredge in flour, dip in egg.  Spray a frying pan with non stick spray, brown chicken on each side for 2 minutes.  Turn heat to low, add in wine, garlic and sprinkle parsley on breasts.  Cover pan and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  I served with some glazed baby carrots and noodles in garlic butter....simple and delicious.  Nothing earth shattering, but a nice glass of Sauv Blanc and a lofthouse cookie on the side (yes, I am addicted) and it was a fine V Day.

Of course, we did manage a Valentine date thanks to Greg's godmom who came to sit the next day...I haven't been ice skating in 15 years and it showed, but we had a blast!!

In other news...Ultra training is going along great - I'm doing 1-2 shorter mid week runs (4-6 miles) and back to back long runs on the weekend (up to 10 miles and 17 miles respectively).  I've been alternating between time and distance, and 90% of my long runs have been done on the treadmill due to baby, weather, and....well, factoring in mental toughness :-)  It's actually been kinda fun.  My toes are blistered, my legs hurt, but I feel strong.  Rawr.  I officially bit the bullet and paid the entree fee this week so I am in like flynn.....8 weeks to go, baby!!

Speaking of baby....Rob is perfect.  He is starting to teeth, which has been a little rough, but he is such a champ.  Learning to stand, more and more interested in the world every day. and perfect to his mommy in every way.  God I love that kiddo.
We start swim lessons next week, and I am so excited - check out that cute swim deep!  We can just call him Macca Jr for now, thank you very much :-P

Hey, whats new in your world?


No comments:

Post a Comment