Sunday, December 15, 2013

Tales from the Crypt...errr...north pole

I'm still here, I promise!!  I always knew that 24 hours a day was too short, but let me tell you, when you have a newbie kiddo....its about 5 hours too short.  4 for sleep and 1 for you.  I can't believe how wonderful my days are...wonderfully happy, wonderfully rushed, wonderfully FREAKING FULL.  I have no idea how I haven't posted in a week.  I woe you recipes. I owe you updates.  I owe you Christmas tips.  I owe you cute photos.  Oh wait, that's just my ego centric mommy pride on that last one :-)  Lets see what we can do here.

Recipes - I have an awesome butternut squash soup recipe to share....do you think I can find the friggin photo?  Nope.  So use your imagination.  Super Super Easy here  It's a crockpot recipe - I am adoring them nowadays!!  You need:

2 butternut Squash, medium sized
One onion, diced
2 tbsp garlic
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp real maple syrup

Peel the squash (trick - microwave for 3 minutes to soften first then let cool - so much easier!), de see,  and dice into cubes.  Add everything but the cornstarch and syrup to the crockpot, cook on low for 8 hours.  Add cornstarch, cook on high for one hour.  Let cool.  Stick it all in a blender and whir on high till emulsified (about 2 minutes for my $20 BD blender.).  Drizzle with maple syrup and reheat.....serve with some baguette for a splendiferous warm meal!

Of course, we used 2 BNut squashes minus a few tablespoons cause the Rob-ster is now on

solids....go Rob! 

Updates - Well, as I said...Rob is now on solids - yay!!  It's done nothing for our sleep deprivation (dude is HUUNNNGRRRRYYY), but so far we've done peas, squash and sweet potatoes.  We like both of the latter and peas can suck it (my sentiments, buddy). 

Mommy is starting her winter prep for her 2014 races (updates on the page soon, I promise!)  I've signed up for a winter marathon, a spring Ultra marathon and a summer half Ironman.  Clearly, I'm delusional.  Anyone have any good training plans for a 100k run?  I'll see myself out now.

In other don't hate me new - I officially hit racing weight this week, a weight I haven't seen since 2011.  I'm wearing Jeans from 2004...from Steve and Barry.  Seriously?  When I saw the label I laughed.  I may have zero fashion sense, but I'm wearing junior sized jeans after having a baby, so I could care less.  Still eating like a horse, but high intensity cardio and BF'ing will do that to ya.  That's breast feeding, not barfing.  Just clearin that up :-P

Rob met Santa yesterday!  Our local Lions Club threw a breakfast with Santa deal, so of course we went.  It was adorable and a ton of fun, and we ill be back next year!  I don't know what he asked the big guy for, but I suspect it was boobs.  And the ability to walk.  Yeesh.

Christmas...I'm a mess this year.  I think I got most of my shopping done, but its been online and helter skelter.  Usually I do a deal post for everyone, but of course, I am lame this year and since it's only 10 days away, if you haven;t done your shopping yet.....go to groupon and buy a massage or restaurant deal.  People love those and they don't clutter up the living room.  That's truly my nickels worth of advice....it's not rocket science, and I know it :-)

There!  Crammed into one post....phew.  Now I can enjoy my Sunday.  Brunch with my godmom, then it's time to do some stocking stuffer shopping with Rob...and working on his gifts to everyone! (yes, Ill share my lame kiddo crafts soon).  Time to race downstairs to get in some quick mile repeats before the kiddo wakes up....have a great day!!!!

2 comments: