Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Week 29: Itchi boom

3/4 done.  Wow.  This has flown by!  I know the next 10(ish) weeks will be the nuttiest, but I would say baby g2 has done pretty well so far!  Let's see what's cookin' this week....

Your pregnancy:  Week 29

Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash - uh oh, thats rob's nickname!) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester. 


Total Weight Gain: Up 16 pounds this week. I am the most boring pregnant woman alive.


My Body:  It's almost gone!!  The ivy, not my body :-P  I went to my doc who prescribed prednizone, telling me it was fine for baby except it increased lung development.  WELL, with my history of birthing early kiddos, Greg and I talked about it and decided we would give it through the weekend with LOTS of oatmeal baths, chlorine and rest.  And while I still have the lingering itchies, it is 99% gone!  Whew.  Crisis averted.

Cravings: Grilled cheese!  And burgers.  Now that I have a (doctors) excuse, I have been eating a bit more red meat....it's honestly just something I usually don't think about!

Aversions: Sleep.  But not really, just seems like it!  Grease.  I ate a burger and some Sweet potato fries at a training yesterday and they were divine....just not so much 3 hours later.  Yech.

Sleep: Nope nope nope nope nope.  Seriously, need to have a chat with my pregnant body.  I will be SLEEP DEPRIVED ENOUGH in 10 weeks!  Get the memo!

Baby Items Bought/Received: Nothin'.  I', starting to worry if I am missing on something.  We bought ALL the things for Rob, which we still have....I should probably start going through them and making sure we have enough :-)

Best Baby Moment: Continuous movement from my soccer champ this week - Nugget is less of a kicker than his or her older brother, but it's more constant and more squirming....it's a nice kinda feeling - maybe he or she will be a swimmer?

Goals: Racing a team relay for a local du this weekend...4 miles running, nothing crazy.  Looking forward to it!

Worries:  Will I make it through 10 more weeks of work?  Will I get even a day off before this kiddo is born?  I hope so....I'm tired :-P

This Week:
Run: 3 miles
Bike: 88 miles
Swim: 5.5 miles
Total: 96.5 miles

To Date:
Run: 308.1 miles
Bike: 1745 miles
Swim: 74 miles
Total: 2098.1 miles...or, the distance from Rochester NY to Seattle - a place I've always wanted to visit!  Seems we have crossed the country now...I wonder if we can make it to Hawaii, Nugget??

No comments:

Post a Comment