Sunday, December 4, 2016

It's been One Week

...or, as Rob would call it, the "chickity china" song.  Cause, you know, classic tunes teach well.  Eye roll.  At least he dances better than Eugune Levy (yes, we taught him that.)

So it's (roughly) one week post Thanksgiving - one week into our 175 challenge!  And it's going pretty darn well!  I'm 42 miles into the challenge, with 6 runs so far:  7-6-10-6-7-6 miles in 9 days.  I was sidelined for a few days (Friday and yesterday) with a touch of the stupidity that's been circling (ugh, who has time to be sick?) so I laid off.  Otherwise it's been a great mix of road a treadmill running, of easy runs and some tempo thrown in, and 5 episodes of "The Crown" to boot (which is shaping up to be an excellent series.  King George dies.  Sorry to ruin that for you).

I've also been keeping well into my promise off cookie eating....only one homemade batch so far, but 4 adults and two kiddos polished off 3 dozen cookies in 4 hours, so we must be doing something right! (You;re welcome, Grandpa and GG!).

Hey, it ain't easy flying a one year old around for a week.  They needed sustenance.  I get it.

Up next - a crazy busy work week, breakfast with Santa, and a 10 mile trail race (yes, in the snow - its 0 degree WTF (that's winter festival, duh)).  And cookies.  All of the cookies.  I bough ingredients for Italian crescents, cut outs, peanut butter and jelly thumbprints, and snickerdoodles.  I'd dust off my elastic waist pants, but, hey, I got 133 miles to run, baby!  

Hows your holiday challenge going?

No comments:

Post a Comment