Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week 34: $hit gets real, yo

Week 34, yikes!  I know I say that every week, but its so weird to know that if last time was any sort of indicator....I have about 2 weeks left.  OMG OMG!!  Luckily, I had some time this past week, so I washed all baby clothes, installed the car seat, cleaned out the house a bit, and sterilized bottles, etc.  Silly things.  But they made me feel better and somewhat more equipped to deal with a nugget, lol.  We still have quite a list of things to do, including some basement clean out and freezer meal making.  But we might be in good shape...for now!  Enough about me, though - let's talk about the star of the show, shall we?

Week 34:

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (about the size of a cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. 

Total Weight Gain: Up 21.5 pounds - amazing what a few days off will do!  Doc says I am at the healthy low end of weight gain, so its all good.  Also, I am no longer anemic, yay!

Week 5
Week 34
Cravings: Fresh fruit and Popsicles.  Of course, it could be the fact that it's 90 degrees out so....maybe it's just a summer thing.  Rob agrees - we eat about 3 icees a day (thank goodness they are low sugar :-))

Aversions: Sleeping through the night.  Freaking again.  Every night I'm up at 1am and 5am.  Nugget.  COME ON.

Sleep: see above.  I've also had quite a few BH contractions - nothing crazy, just enough to be annoying.  Doc says to hydrate and stop running outdoors.  Yeah, I wasn't about to do that anyways....when it's this hot, the treadmill and I are BFF's!

Baby Items Bought/Received:A coming home outfit for nugget and a gift from rob to nugget.  Can't wait to share :-)
Best Baby Moment: The constant heads up from the kiddo I get at least once an hour...MOM, I'm here!  Yep, I know nugget.  And thankfully I think your Daddy and I might just have picked out a name for you FINALLY.  But we do have 5 weeks to change our minds....Nugget's a good name, right??

Goals: Make it to 37 weeks.  I could be so wrong but I believe this will be another early child!  I would like to throw out labor day as an option (LOL).  Also partial to September 14th :-)

Worries: Please no labor yet kiddo.  I am not ready.  Thank you, Love, Mom.




This Week:
Run: 3 miles
Bike: 105 miles
Swim: 1 mile
Total: 104 miles

To Date:
Run: 353.3 miles
Bike: 2157 miles
Swim: 87 miles
Total: 2545.3 miles...or, the distance from Rochester, NY to Juneau, Alaska.  Oh nugget, you are good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment