Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 33: Divin' Right in!!

Well, here we are, done with another week.  This past week has been a crazy week - budget deadlines, lots of work OT, out of town guest, family picnic, and a "race"!  Yikes!  Hoping week 34 is more low key...baby and Momma both need it!  So what's nugget up to this week?
Yikes, another week gone by???  Well, time is flying, as always....I MAY be at the stage where I have had a few melt downs about wishing for my pre pregnancy body and stamina back (hey, it's tri season.  I'm human).  But then Nugget reminds me of how cool he/she is with a little impromptu dance party.  God I love this kid already!

Week 33

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark (about the size of a pineapple - my boss would like this....he is obsessed!). He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Total Weight Gain: Up 21 pounds.  It's been a stress eating, salt laden week, so who knows how much is baby, how much is cake, and how much is wine.  Just kidding on that last part.  I wish I wasn't...I would kill for a glass of wine! :-P

Cravings: Lemonade, cheese, and baked potatoes.  MMMM.  Still weirdo cravings from normal. but most are healthy so I won't complain!

Aversions: Chocolate.  Oh kid, you're killin' me.  For reals.

Sleep: is for sissies.  I've woken up one too many times with work on the brain at 3am, and have resorted to some QT couch time.  Poor Greg.  I adore my job, but only a male boss would tell me that he hopes to "get the ground running" on September 1.  With what, a 37 week preggo woman?  I laughed.  Out loud.  And since he has a sense of humor, he didn't fire me.  (Ok, he laughed back.  I have the best boss).
Who needs sleep?

Baby Items Bought/Received: More diapers.  They had a deal for 380 diapers for $18 after gift cards ($53 oout of pocket and $35 in target gift cards back).  I know, I know.  But I'll be such a happy momma when I NEVER HAVE TO BUY THEM.  

Best Baby Moment: "Racing" Sodus this past weekend (report coming).  I have raced this course every year since 2005- would I let an 8 month preggo body stop me?  Nahhhh....stay tuned (No, I did not officially participate.  You can breathe now).

Goals: Rest.  Finish house must haves.  Pack hospital bag.  Install car seat. AHHHH!!!!

Worries:  I'm past it.  I must be a parent.
This Week:
Run: 12 miles
Bike: 72 miles
Swim: 3 miles
Total: 87 miles

To Date:
Run: 350.3 miles
Bike: 2052 miles
Swim: 86 miles
Total: 2441.3 miles...or, the distance from Rochester, NY to Greenland.  We have officially crossed international borders...sweet!!



No comments:

Post a Comment