Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Babycakes

Well hello!  I hope you've been enjoying the 80-30 weather we've been having (no, not a typo).  I would complain, but whats the point- I'm trying to teach my little guy that every day is an adventure and that it's much better to be thankful for what you have rather than complain when your life ain't perfect.  Working on it..... :-)
With that said, I do looove spoiling my kiddo.  And with the little nomser that he is, cheerios and bananas and yogurt just werent cuttin' the breakfast mustard.  So, since we've been moving toward food and have a ridiculous cache of breast milk in the freezer, I decided to introduce him to Daddy's favorite breakfast....time for baby pancakes!!

Super Easy Baby Pancakes (makes 2 dozen quarter sized cakes)

1/2 cup ground old fashioned oats
1/2 cup AP flour
1/2 cup breast milk (or formula)
1 egg yolk
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Add all ingredients together and mix in a food processor/blender.  Drop quarter sized drops (1 tsp. roughly) onto a well greased skillet (I used real butter, just a smidge and it made 6 p-cakes at a time).  Cook on medium for 2 minutes or until bubbles form.  Flip, brown side two.  Repeat until all your cakes are done an sere to smilin' baby!  (Made 3 meals for us).

Rob loved the hands on aspect of the meal, and it was fun to watch!
Mom, where's the syrup???

No comments:

Post a Comment