Tuesday, September 15, 2020

BIZ IS FIVE!

Well, I don't even know where to begin.  A ginormous thank you to all of those that read my last post, signed up to follow, and sent comments.  You guys are the greatest and I look forward to filling your feed with mildly amusing and "keeping it real" info on all things triathlon and running.

But, as the title of the blog suggests, I try to balance all that stuff with the other "real world" things - family, friends, work, and "life".  And one of my biggest parts of me is my kids, of course!

Its crazy how time flies.  One moment you're dreaming of kids....then they spend about 5 seconds in your arms and are off, exploring the world.  As many say the days are long and the years are short, and I cant even believe that my baby....my biz....is a big five years old!  I blinked, guys.  I just blinked.

Well, ready or not, here Biz comes!  This crazy five year old is full of energy, sass, verve, DGAF, and all the cuteness in the world that makes people love all over here regardless.  She's....me....god help this world.  And I love her to tiny bits and pieces and have no idea how I called my world whole until she arrived!  To The BIZ!  Let's talk about you at 5....


Size - 43 pounds.  You have such a healthy appetite, my queen.  You are totally a savory girl - you love burgers, chicken, pasta/any kind of noodles, and potatoes.  You are borderline on sweets but love pretzels, goldfish and chocolate cake.  You equally adore broccoli and any kind of fruit.  You love to bake with mommy and make an excellent "soup" (coffee grounds, pepper, chicken stock, and goldfish crackers, anyone??)

Likes: You still adore the color pink.  Anything Elsa from frozen.  You are now into Minecraft hardcore and love TNT (god help us).  You love playing with LOL dolls, your barbies (girlfriends) and any kind of art.  You love being active - basketball, riding bikes, running, anything.  You LOVE dance parties and know all the words to "Savage" (ummmm, I'm a good mom).  You have about six boyfriend at any given time and plan to marry Vinnie someday (I like his mom.  Its ok.  Don't tell your Dad though.) 

Dislikes: Cooked celery.  Going to bed.  Being told No.  Peanut butter (you little weirdo).  You don't have many, but are very adamant about when something doesn't suit you.  You'll be a great cop one day (your new career ambition). 

Sleep: You're pretty good at this, but when you wake up in the middle of the night, you need snuggles!  You're an excellent snuggler and I'll be honest, sometimes when Daddy snores too much I'll come in your room and snuggle up with you and pass out.  Love me Biz snugs!

Eating: See above.  You love food so much!  I swear you eat more than I do sometimes - its really neat to watch.  Your favorites are turkey burgers, noodles and french fries.

Milestones/Firsts
:
Kindergarten!  You began your new school Klem North two days before your birthday.
Counting to 100, basic adding and subtracting, writing your name - You are awesome at this!
Dance Class - You started ballet class last winter and love it....my tiny dancer!


Best Moment: 
Oh baby girl, watching you b
ust out with all of your little "Biz"isms is just epic.  I love our dance parties to "Savage" and "Pieces" with cooking spoons as mics.  Doing Mommy Biz yoga (you are good!), playing with girlfriends (dolls) and our nighttime snuggle fests and Mommy singing your bedtime song "So In Love" (Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran).  Cooking and Baking together - Sunday pancakes are your fave. Really, it's the everyday wonder I see as you explore, sweetie.  I am so damned lucky to be your mommy and to see you experience the world full on!

Looking Forward to:  The world as it comes our way.  This year has been such a series of ups and downs....being 2020, nothing is certain but things being unplanned and by the seat of our pants, and you bring enthusiasm, love, and a spirit of adventure no matter what we do - your BIZZINESS and sweet nature make every day a day I am grateful to be part of your world and to be your Mommy.  I LOVE YOU!!




No comments:

Post a Comment