Friday, August 23, 2019

Qu'est-ce que Ironman?

So, I did a thing.

So much of a thing that I won't even name this post after a song title.  That's huge, guys.

So, remember Placid 2018?  Of course you do.  I won't shut up about it, will I?

That race sucked.  It was totally the end of the beginning.  Yep, you read that right.  The "Get back on the horse or give up the ghost" race, if you will.

Well, I think we figured that one out, didn't we?  2019, without a doubt, has been the year for Epic racing shit.  I'm so totally back in love with racing that I decided to go big or go home.

You know what I did.

I figured, if 140.6 went to die in 2018, and I spent 2019 rebuilding the concept of Swim, Bike and Run (still not there yet totally with the bike, we are totally working on shifting and "arrow" work, but I no longer stare at my bike in horror, so that's quite a huge leap!)....what's next?

Ironman, baby.  Ironman.  So I did what any freak triathlete normal person would do, and googled the races.  I did not want to go back to Placid yet - I've done the race twice, have not written it off forever, but I wanted to do new things.  So I narrowed it down - Chattanooga, Wisconsin, Mont Tremblant.

I talked to my husband.  I talked to my kids.  I talked to my coach.  I talked to myself (oh wait, I do that all the time.  That's nothing new).

The buy in was there.  The plan was there.  Everyone was on board.  Should I do it?

What a ridiculous question.  OF COURSE I'M GONNA DO IT.


 So, I did the thing:
Ironman Mt. Tremblant, here I come!  Or, should I say, Ironman Mont. Tremblant, je viens!

Official training starts November 23rd....stay tuned.  We still have a season to finish (quite fittingly, in Canada!)

No comments:

Post a Comment