Friday, April 14, 2017

Waterworld

An interesting thing happened yesterday.  Amidst all the bullshit of late that is my life....I found calm.
It's funny how razzed up you cat get amongst the, quite frankly, meaningless rat race of minutia that can become all time consuming, isn't it??  I've found myself lately to be...for lack of a better term...a hit friggin mess.  High heart rate.  Exhaustion.  Headaches.  Grumpy.  And basically...a massive you know what.  Work stress.  Family stress.  Life stress.  All compounded by the fact that the one stress reliever I have...stresses my body out.  Last week,w hen I found myself with an 86 resting heart rate (its normally 45-50), I threw in the towel.  And rested for a few days.  And while my body thanked me, my mind did not.  I needed an outlet.

So yesterday, at the you know what crack of dawn, I did something I haven't done since election night.  I went swimming.  I know.  4 months without a friggin swim.  What is wrong with me??  And as luck would have it, my mp3 player died halfway through, so I spent a lovely (albeit  friggin sloooowwww) 45 minutes with...nothing in my head.  I solved no problems.  There were no crying toddlers.  No laundry to be done.  No bosses or co workers complaining.  Nothing.  And...I didn't want to get out!

I need to remember it's ok to step back and just relax.  That swimming and yoga are not the devil, and that I shouldn't have to be "on" 24/7.

Of course, it took me two days to type this, so there's that.  But one step at a time, right?

And someday, hopefully, we will focus on better things.  Like this.

Mmmmm...taco pasta.  I have about 2 dozen recipes, just waiting for a relaxing evening to post.

Or even better...

Which is probably why the former "better thing" will happen....in 2031 :-)  Happy Easter everyone.  I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with family, friends, and of course, that big ole bunny!!

1 comment: