Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cran Tastic

Well, Ill tell ya.  I feel like I've fallen off the wagon here.  Thanksgiving = tomorrow.  Christmas = less than a month away.  Yikes!!  I've never been a big turkey kinda girl, but I've come to love Thanksgiving for a few reasons.  Its a great time to come together with my family, who I don't get to see nearly as often as I like - everyone contributes so my aunt doesn't pull her hair out, and we have a great time catching up, eating, and plotting our Christmas shopping (lord help us).  Two years ago, Greg's and my lives changed forever when we found out we were expecting our perfect little guy - Thanksgiving week.  Right now, we have so much to be thankful for - health, our little family, our extended family, and a great relationship.  Not to mention a roof over our head, food to eat and good jobs.  Life is wonderful, and its important to recognize how good it is - I don't do it nearly enough.

But I will be honest.  The food is divine.  All of the fall harvest veggies, the once a year turkey, my moms homemade stuffing, and my favorite- the cranberry relish.  Super technical stuff (or not).  But if you don't have a recipe for it yet.....you will not be disappointed by this.  Swears.


Sugar Free Cranberry Clementine Relish (serves 16)

2 cups whole cranberries, rinsed
4 clementine oranges
1 tbsp clementine zest
1/4 cup nectresse (or other sweetener of your choice)
1 tbsp each: ginger, allspice, cinnamon, salt
1 cup seltzer

Pour the seltzer into a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Add in zest and spices, simmer for 2 minutes.  Add in sugar, simmer for 2 more minutes.  Dice clementines to cranberry sized bites (what, that's a measurement!).  Add in clems and cranberries, reduce heat to low for 10 minutes.

Best served the next day, in my experience - the flavors settle in beautifully!

Add caption

Yum.  Perfect served with turkey, atop morning oats, or in a delish leftovers packed wrap.  Now let's hope it makes it till tomorrow (whistles innocently).....

have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment