Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Swishy Skirt!

Last year while I was prepping for Ironman, I quite often frequented http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/.  Aside from a whole host of information regarding training, nutrition and race specifics, there is quite a healthy amount of posters on the site's forum.  You can post questions about specifics in New York (or any home state), get advice about nutrition, long course racing, etc.  Of course, this is mostly from non-professionals, so it's a "take it with a grain of salt" approach, but it's still a neat community.
The site also has specific forums for each Ironman (at least in The US).  I had a great time on the IMLP page shooting the breeze with fellow race participants in prep for the big day, and somehow as a group we managed to amass over 230 pages of a thread in 9 months (yup, I think its gonna hold as the record-the IMLP group for this year is only at page 70 :-P)  It was so much fun to chat with people and get advice/trade nerves pre race, and also to follow up post race on how we did (check out my race report!)

swishy!
 One of the posters from NYC dubbed herself "swishy skirt".  Why, I'll never know.  But this past weekend when I went to my local bike shop for tires, I spied my newest addition to my 2011 season-my own swishy skirt!!!
This baby was on sale from 79.99 to 42 bucks, so I figured I would give it a go.  It's a ladies bike short with a skirt over the top to eliminate the oh so geekiness of running in bike shorts when doing bricks-yay!

Well, I thought it felt super comfy and looked pretty nice, but I decided to give it the ole workout test.  I set out for a brick-25 mile bike and 10k run.  The skirt was excellent on the bike-no whipping around and since its been about 4 years since Ive bough bike shorts, I felt like I was riding on a nice padded diaper.....score!  I was a bit worried about the padding for the run...nothing to kill a run leg like diaper butt.  However, the skirt passed the run leg, too...the grippers on the short kept it in place (no thigh rub for this MUSCULAR leg girl thank you very much) and the skirt held well and make me look perhaps a bit less geeky.  I think it's a win win :-)  YAY!!

So watch out for this tri-girl in the swishy skirt in keuka and musselman....I'm out for the chase!! swish swish swish...no skirt chasing! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment